Two party contracts...

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Listening to the discussion about the new union contact on today's DIS Unplugged Podcast. Happy to hear about the agreement to pay CM's a minimum of $15/hour.

But...you knew this was coming from the title...This is a two party contract. Disney didn't just decide to give them this, the Union also agreed to accept it. Much of the discussion on the podcast seems to say this increase was not enough, or not soon enough. Sorry, but both parties believe that it is fair.

comparing apples to oranges isn't a good thing. disneyland emplyees pay much higher taxes than WDW. so 15 dollars an hour for them is more like 10 dollars take home and we don't have income taxes in florida so they actually come out ahead even if it's a little bit. also I thought I read that when the contract is passed, not only do they get the bonus, but also they would get 50 cents and hour more retro to last september. not surea bout the last one but i read it in a newspaper article

Haven't listened, but I think a major sticking point for a long time was benefit cuts, perhaps they finally settled that. Not all compensation is the hourly wage.

comparing apples to oranges isn't a good thing. disneyland emplyees pay much higher taxes than WDW. so 15 dollars an hour for them is more like 10 dollars take home and we don't have income taxes in florida so they actually come out ahead even if it's a little bit.

Yep, cost of living is 37% higher in Anaheim than in Orlando (average apartment rent alone is 100% higher). Since these contracts were in part about "living wage" increases, the living wage for a 4-person family with two working parents in Anaheim figures out to $19.16. In Orlando, it is $15.40.

Nice to see that the union members have ratified the new contract.

Reactions: jcb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!