Two Questions, 1 Thread.

aerfirmie

Earning My Ears
Good morning. I’ve made my mind up about buying in. It’s just a question of where and when.

1. OKW and SS are the most affordable. Do you see these being well maintained or neglected in the future?

2. When does Riviera go on sale?

I lied. One more question.

3. Is Aulanai easy to book 3 to 4 months in advance?

OKW is going through a rehab right now and SSR rehab to start next year. I doubt that any DVC resort would ever get to disrepair. They collect maintenance fees to keep things in shape. Some things like rooms will show wear. They cannot rehab them every year. Not sure how often they do it. But SSR will be 15 years old in 2019. I believe this is the first for that resort.

Riviera, most likely next year

I have no info on Aulanai.

Older resorts are, well older, they can show their age. If a resort costs less, there is a reason. DVD tends to spend more money on cleaning and maintenance at the resorts that are currently being actively sold. AT BLT and VGF they had a CM maintaining and cleaning the lobbies full time.

:earsboy: Bill

Aulanai easy to book 3 to 4 months in advance?
It probably depends on what time of year -- June seems to be a very busy month. As for any DVC resort -- the availability 3-4 months out will likely be poor for any time of the year at all resorts. At least at WDW you have many resorts to piece together a last minute trip with split stays, but at Aulani you have one shot only. All contracts become equal at 7 months so if you wanted to go to HI then any other owners will be booking at the 7 months mark which would likely only leave the more expensive/less desired rooms left as you get closer to your trip.

OKW is a good resort and is still well maintained. It's also currently going through a complete refurb. We have stayed there 2x in the last 4 years. (AKV is our home resort.)

The primary drawback I would worry about is the shorter contract expiration in 2042, or what happens in 2042 to the 2057 extensions hanging out there. But I don't think maintenance is going to be a major concern. As far as I have seen from visiting other resorts like boardwalk and beach club, they are all well maintained.

MF’s at for renovation and upkeep. As long as we’re paying, they’ll be kept nicely. Riviera will go on sale next year possibly late this year with construction going quickly, but probably not.

No info on Aulani

Good morning. I’ve made my mind up about buying in. It’s just a question of where and when.

1. OKW and SS are the most affordable. Do you see these being well maintained or neglected in the future?

SSR will be easier to maintain and OKW has the dilemma of the 2042 transition. SSR should also continue to be cheaper on dues.

1) I think SSR comes with less complications. OKW has mixed end dates - some 2042 and some 2057. DVC was really not updating on as frequent of schedule as they needed to but have committed to more frequent updates and that will be at all the resorts.

2) Nothing announced yet

3) It can be - justs depends on the time of year you are looking at. I've booked in the 5-6 week range both times that we've gone. Studio was an option the first time but chose a 1BR the first trip and a studio the second. Those trips were early December and late Feb/early March. The lower cost views book fastest so if booking closer in it's most likely to be the Ocean view or the pool view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter