Two questions about the Fort? First timer here and so excited!!!

How much does a bag of charcoal cost?

Do they sell marshmallow sticks at the trading post? I was thinking of bringing my own. Has anyone ever brought marshmallow sticks in carry on luggage? Not sure is they are allowed. Something similar to what’s pictured below.

https://www.amazon.ca/GWHOLE-Extendable-Marshmallow-Sticks-Forks/dp/B00YXDW57Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1537030415&sr=8-4&refinements=p_85:5690392011&rps=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=marshmallow+roasting+sticks&dpPl=1&dpID=41HSVjFc7cL&ref=plSrch

We ordered charcoal with our grocery order from garden grocer. Not sure how much it is at the trading post. The trading post did give us a small pack of matches because we didn't want to buy a huge box.

We have sticks like those. I put them in a checked bag. The chuck wagon at the campfire sells sticks and smores stuff. Prices on the website are listed as a stick for .59, Smores kit for 9.99, bag of marshmallows 4.99.

Probably easiest to just buy the ones from the chuck wagon. We don’t check luggage.

We are doing a grocery order. Garden grocer’s Charcoal is $11.59.

You do not need to bring your own sticks. The Meadows sells them (Trading Post maybe - I know they sell charcoal there) for cheap. Don't quote me exact here, but a dollar will buy a couple roasting sticks.

Well the sticks are cheap (about 75 cents each or so) at the food truck by the campfire.

Charcoal, on the other hand, is expensive from the Meadow TP. It's about $12 for a small bag that runs about $8 at your home Walmart.

Yep they price gouge. ::yes::

Because they can.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Well the sticks are cheap (about 75 cents each or so) at the food truck by the campfire.

Charcoal, on the other hand, is expensive from the Meadow TP. It's about $12 for a small bag that runs about $8 at your home Walmart.

Yep they price gouge. ::yes::

Because they can.

Bama Ed
Thanks. I’ll order a bag from Garden Grocer then. They are expensive too, but at least I won’t have to forage for it. Really looking forward to grilling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter