Two separate reservations under one DVC acct - MDE linking?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll start here.

This is the first time we are using our DVC membership for reservations, and we are also taking my parents. So, I have reserved a standard studio for my husband and myself, and a separate studio for my parents. They appear to be two different reservations in my DVC account which is fine.

Right now, I have my parents listed under my MDE account. I have not linked either reservation to my MDE so nothing is showing there yet. I will be making all of the dining reservations, fastpass reservations, etc., and will likely be making any changes on the fly once we're in Disney. I would like them to be able to link their own CC to their magic bands for charges.

What would be the best way to handle the MDE situation? Should my parents set up an account and then try linking the two? Or should I just keep them all under my own MDE account?

I also want to try to get both studios at least in the same building, so if you have any advice about doing that I'd appreciate it as well.

Don't know about 2 reservations on one MDE account. They can add their CC to their reservation at check in. You need to have MS add "traveling with" to both reservations referencing the other reservation number. You can do this by sending them an email via your member account, you can also add your room location request at the same time.

:earsboy: Bill

.....(snip).......

I also want to try to get both studios at least in the same building, so if you have any advice about doing that I'd appreciate it as well.
Have MS put a "Traveling With" note on both reservations and request that the rooms be assigned as close together as possible. Make that the only request for the best chance (or at least don't more than one other request).

You can set up the different card charging at check in. Good luck!

Can't help with the MDE questions - I'd be guessing. But someone else who has done this may chime in later.

OP, if you do as PP suggested and contact MS with the requests, do NOT put in any requests when you do online check-in, as they will over-ride the requests that MS will put in.
As far as the MDE goes, have your parents create their own MDE account, and then link them to yours. Once that is done you can still manage all the FPs, dining, etx.

OP, if you do as PP suggested and contact MS with the requests, do NOT put in any requests when you do online check-in, as they will over-ride the requests that MS will put in.
As far as the MDE goes, have your parents create their own MDE account, and then link them to yours. Once that is done you can still manage all the FPs, dining, etx.

Great! Thank you for the wonderful advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter