U-Pick Oranges

Ashleybs

Mouseketeer
Anyone ever go pick oranges while in town? I've always wanted to and we are FINALLY heading back to WDW after 11 years. Just wondering about the different orange groves that are nearby!

We've enjoyed going to Showcase of Citrus. Showcase of Citrus Enjoyed picking oranges there. They have a farm store with soft serve ice cream and nice selection of jam and stuff, a small rustic petting zoo, and small rustic playground. They have a monster truck tour of their property that you can often find Travelzoo or groupon deals for if you'd like to do that. No admission fee except for optional tickets for the Monster Truck tour and any oranges you buy.

Call Showcase of Citrus to see what will be in season during your trip. We absolutely love juicing Valencia oranges that are ripe in March and April.

Many orange groves have been devastated by citrus greening, a disease that has spread throughout Florida over the past few decades. Many groves have been destroyed or have gone out of business because of it.

Thanks for the info! We will be there the first week in April and I have ALWAYS wanted to pick my own oranges!

I've also had positive experiences at Showcase of Citrus. Besides oranges, they often have grapefruit and key limes. I bring coolers and fill the empty space with ice from the resort to keep the fruit chilled on the way home. Hand-picked Florida fruit is a nice frugal gift for people at home.

On Hwy 27 North ( after leaving Hwy 192 .... A.K. end ) heading towards Clermont

And about 6 miles , on the Right hand side ..... just beyond Tradds Landing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter