Uber or Cab from parks?

Kbryant

Earning My Ears
I have a friend taking her family for their first trip next week. They have a daughter with special needs, and are concerned about waiting for a bus back to Pop Century at the end of a long day. They are hoping she will make it for the fireworks at least one night, but are afraid she will have a meltdown if she has to then wait for a bus!! I have only ever used the buses. Can you take Uber or get a cab from the parks? What about Magic Kingdom...do you have to go to the TTC to get one? Any idea of cost?

Thank you!

Yes, you can take Uber or cab from all parks, except MK. You have to go to TTC. Not sure about cost, but I would think an Uber would be the less expensive option.

I just found another thread that said to walk to the contemporary and catch an uber there...anyone done that?

I just found another thread that said to walk to the contemporary and catch an uber there...anyone done that?

Yep, you can do this.

MK-to-CRBLT%20NoDock_052715_zpskm24ursn.jpg

Does Surge Pricing typically go into affect at park closing with many people calling an Uber/Lyft at the same time?

Does Surge Pricing typically go into affect at park closing with many people calling an Uber/Lyft at the same time?
I haven't ever grabbed an uber directly from Disney, but anytime I've taken one in that area, it's been in surge pricing.

OP - When I left MK the other night, there was an armada of cabs waiting for people. I don't think your friends will have any problem hailing a ride.

We used the Minnie Van service on this trip (I’m riding to the airport as I type this). It picks up directly from the MK bus stops (Stop 11), so you don’t have to go to the TTC. I wish I would have thought about waking to the Contemporary. We used Lyft from all other parks to get back to our resort because the kiddos were so tired.

We used Lyft last trip with much success (zero success with Uber). From Epcot to Contemporary it was $9. Just as an example.

You want to walk all the way to the main entrance doors; that's where the driver will expect to find you.

We used Uber to get to AK one day and it was about $7.50, we tried to use it after closing at AK and it was $17.50. So, yes surge pricing was in effect. A cab probably would have been cheaper.

So I was reading somewhere that you can get picked up at the intersection, its on your map a little to the left of the pink arrow. Has anyone tried that?
It's unsafe and inconsiderate. There is no shoulder. The car would be blocking traffic through the intersection. The driver may cancel the pickup.

It's unsafe and inconsiderate. There is no shoulder. The car would be blocking traffic through the intersection. The driver may cancel the pickup.
LOL...Joel, you've got to come down and drive South Beach with us! Art Basel in early December would be perfect.

Seriously though, safety is the key everywhere and if there is a safer spot a short walk away, why would a rider want to risk getting themselves or someone else hurt? And a driver (who is in control of the pickup spot) would be irresponsible to pick up in an unsafe spot.

i was only asking as it was posted on a blog, I thought maybe it was a pullout or others had done it and felt it was a good , safe pick up spot. Thanks for the info

What was the issue with Uber? I've used them many times at Disney with great success.

I'm the not original person who posted about issues with Uber but I've tried to get Uber pickups twice and they never showed.

Turned me off trying to use Uber completely even at home since I don't want to be stranded. In Disney I just grab a cab even if it costs a few dollars more occasionally. At least they are always around.

I'm the not original person who posted about issues with Uber but I've tried to get Uber pickups twice and they never showed.

Turned me off trying to use Uber completely even at home since I don't want to be stranded. In Disney I just grab a cab even if it costs a few dollars more occasionally. At least they are always around.

What do you mean "they never showed"? You're able to visually see where the car is on the map.

What do you mean "they never showed"? You're able to visually see where the car is on the map.

Yup. I'd watch the map and then suddenly poof - gone. One time the app said the driver was 7 minutes away and it looked like that on the map but then 30 minutes later no Uber had shown up for me at the front of the resort and they weren't on the map anymore. Guess they cancelled the pickup?
Second time I tried it the times kept changing and I could see them on the map but they never got near the resort and never showed up.

Both times I did the text thing and never got a response. It was the strangest thing. I even contacted Uber to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

So now I don't trust Uber. My husband uses them all the time when he travels for business and said he's never had a problem. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter