• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

uh oh..what have I done???

HAH

Earning My Ears
Well...we have planned yet another Disney vacation (we just went in July). Our dates are for 12/26 - 1/01. Am I crazy for going these dates???? It's a family thing with 16 of us going. I am concerned about the crowds, but thrilled about it being cool! Any comments or affirmations are appreciated. BTW...how cool will it be?? We've been in October and it was very pleasant.
Thanks

well, as I understand it, you've picked the absolute busiest time of the year! HOWEVER....the Christmas decorations are amazing....we really enjoyed our stay there last Dec. While we were there, the weather was unusually cold by Orlando standards....only upper 60's - lower 70's during the day for most of the week, upper 40's and 50's at night! My kids only went swimming once or twice, when the weather FINALLY warmed to the upper 70's by the 7th or 8th day of our vacation. I guess my best recommendation would to be keep an eye on the Orlando forecast before you leave ( I check the weather channel on-line) so you can have a better idea what to pack.

As far as the crowds go...oh well! Just relax and enjoy....it's the best you can do....

We are planning on going next Christmas. Our plan is to take it easy and realize we won't get to do as much as we usually do. We plan to visit alot of resorts and take in all the decorations. We will arrive early and use Fast Passes.

Disnee Dad Says.......................................... Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! If you must go at this time of year, and a friend of mine is, here is what you need you deal with. Do you have any newbies?? Lucky for my friend, when she found out we were going to WDW, she decided to go to WDW, back in 1997. So they have been there and the pressure is not on to do every ride. If you have newbies, I would stongly suggest early entry at every opportunity and pound the rides till the crowds show up in full. Then go to the fast pass plan, getting a fast pass and go enjoy the decorations and take it easy. There are commando plans and there are relaxing plans, and this is the one time you must do both! The weather is difficult, so you need to check just before you go. Generally you are looking 70High 50 low, but a cold snap could knock that down to 55/35. If it gets hot, hurray!!

Well, how shall I put this????

Oh, I know! I can give you my 'London Subway' analogy...

Christmas vacay time at WDW is like being in the London Subway (they call it the 'The Tubes') at rush hour...

You say you haven't ridden the London Subway during rush hour, Bubby????

Well, let me tell you that it is people shoulder-to-shoulder as far as the eye can see...

But all kidding aside, it is VERY crowded. Be prepared for doing a few attractions a day, TOPS!!!

But I'm sure you will still have fun!!

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter