UK ticket for US resident

Briarrose1306

Mouseketeer
I noticed when I went to purchase our tickets the price from the UK site was significantly lower than the US version. I thought I had seen this was something to be conscious of and to book through the non US site but I can't find the info and all that I'm coming across is over a decade old. Just hoping to confirm that if I buy tickets on the UK site I wont have an issue using them. Thank you for the help!

Just hoping to confirm that if I buy tickets on the UK site I wont have an issue using them. Thank you for the help!
You are correct, US people can buy tickets and hotel packages on the UK Disneyland Paris website.

This because of EU laws. In the EU, we have freedom of travel between all member countries. Any offer or deal in one country has to be by law available to all countries.

Even thought The UK is not part of The EU any more, the law still applies. There is Common Travel Agreement between UK and Ireland which pre dates The EU. Travel from Ireland to UK is classed as domestic. There can not be a residency clause due to Ireland being an EU member.

As an American I booked my ticket/hotel package through the Ireland site last year. I have also used the UK site too. Not problems with booking it at all.

I think the only thing you have to be conscious of is payment issues. I think many sites have this alleviated, but in the past it was difficult to pay for purchases on EU/UK sites with US payment methods. Many times now you can use something like PayPal to process the card OR sites have enabled payments from other countries (or using a US address).

I used the UK website to purchase a package at the Sequoia Lodge of room that included tickets during stay including arrival and departure date (used a US credit card that doesn't have a foreign transaction fee) back in early 2024. Also, although they only required a deposit, I paid in full because I thought the exchanges rate between the dollar and the pound was beneficial to me at that time and had a better chance of getting worse for me not better when payment is due. That is always a guess. In my case, I checked it again closer to my trip and did guess right on that one. Paying in full I could still get my money back if I canceled with in a window.

Just saying I had no problem doing this for my October of 2024 trip and saved some dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter