ummm...am i missing something, no 5k races at WDW

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
just checked the wdw website and i don't see any upcoming 5k races for the next year. it's all half-marathons or full.

i remember there's used to be lots of 5k races at WDW years ago. did WDW do away with 5ks?\

There are no standalone 5ks. Look into the weekends and you'll see the 5ks.

Dark Side, Wine and Dine, January marathon weekend, Princess...they all include 5k runs.

The weekends will all be marked at Half Marathon or Full but every single one of them has a 5K and 10K now. Click on the event you are interested in and then it will show you what races are apart of the race weekend. The next race is Star Wars Dark Side which is in a week so completely sold out. Wine and Dine in November is also sold out so your next 5K option will be Marathon Weekend in January.

No, there are no 5k races at WDW that I know of. Most race weekends include a 5k fun run but no races. I don't consider it a race if there are no official times or awards.

No, there are no 5k races at WDW that I know of. Most race weekends include a 5k fun run but no races. I don't consider it a race if there are no official times or awards.

I've gotten official times for the 5K's I've run there....is that just because of the Dopey Challenge? I assumed that all the bibs have the timing strip on them but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!)

I've gotten official times for the 5K's I've run there....is that just because of the Dopey Challenge? I assumed that all the bibs have the timing strip on them but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!)
The only 5k that is timed is if it's part of Dopey. If it's just a 5k bib there is no timing chip so no official results.

Doesn't matter if it's called "Race" or "Run", to most people that all means the same thing. WDW still has 5ks that you pay for with an official start and finish & if you want to "race" it, you can against your own timing. By saying there are none seems a little misleading.

The only 5k that is timed is if it's part of Dopey. If it's just a 5k bib there is no timing chip so no official results.

Doesn't matter if it's called "Race" or "Run", to most people that all means the same thing. WDW still has 5ks that you pay for with an official start and finish & if you want to "race" it, you can against your own timing. By saying there are none seems a little misleading.

I see races and fun runs as two completely separate things but YMMV.

It was because of Dopey.

Yep. Totally.

While I refer to rundisney things as "events" because I don't *race* them, that's a "me" thing and I would never say "there are no races, only events" to others. I recognize that some call them runs, some races, some events....etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter