*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

REPOST But I didn't see the change: I will no longer be doing the Kennedy Space Center activity as my brother has invited me on a Florida trip in January and we will be doing it then.

I would love to be added to the Hoop Dee Doo list and am always welcome to a pre party meet up

*** Status Update ***

Hi all, hadn't provided a status update in a while so thought I would add that now.

No new events added, but a few updates:
- I've removed the Kennedy Space Center activity as @Vernon Wolfe who had suggested it indicated this was no longer going to happen. I think @czechplz was the only other person signed up for this
- I updated the date for the Universal Day to "TBD" as @czechplz had moved it to the 11th but then I think put that on hold given that there is likely to be a live podcast taping that day
- Hoop Dee Doo - seems like a lot of interest in doing this so very likely could have multiple events for this - as we do need to book ADRs for this, I see this as one of the first pieces to get set. A few thoughts:
........ Does seem like interest from people doing DVC event on Thursday and from some people who aren't getting in until later in the week. So for now targeting Friday, the 9th for this
........ As for timing, We have Tables in Wonderland which is good to use at Hoop Dee Doo, but only for the 8:30 showing. That would mean we wouldn't be able to go to night time shows after that, but would save 20%. It can be used for a group of up to 10 people so if there is interest in this scenario I can book one group of 10 for this. We can formalize more as we get closer to ADR day, but throwing this out there as one idea. Not sure if others have TiW as well

Thanks all!

Right now there are only a few people interested in a teen meetup. What about a meetup for teens and kids during the pre party? Perhaps hanging out in the arcade or having dinner together? What’d ya think?

*** Status Update ***

Hi all, hadn't provided a status update in a while so thought I would add that now.

No new events added, but a few updates:
- I've removed the Kennedy Space Center activity as @Vernon Wolfe who had suggested it indicated this was no longer going to happen. I think @czechplz was the only other person signed up for this
- I updated the date for the Universal Day to "TBD" as @czechplz had moved it to the 11th but then I think put that on hold given that there is likely to be a live podcast taping that day
- Hoop Dee Doo - seems like a lot of interest in doing this so very likely could have multiple events for this - as we do need to book ADRs for this, I see this as one of the first pieces to get set. A few thoughts:
........ Does seem like interest from people doing DVC event on Thursday and from some people who aren't getting in until later in the week. So for now targeting Friday, the 9th for this
........ As for timing, We have Tables in Wonderland which is good to use at Hoop Dee Doo, but only for the 8:30 showing. That would mean we wouldn't be able to go to night time shows after that, but would save 20%. It can be used for a group of up to 10 people so if there is interest in this scenario I can book one group of 10 for this. We can formalize more as we get closer to ADR day, but throwing this out there as one idea. Not sure if others have TiW as well

Thanks all!
We have TiW also if needed.

Right now there are only a few people interested in a teen meetup. What about a meetup for teens and kids during the pre party? Perhaps hanging out in the arcade or having dinner together? What’d ya think?

Thanks for pointing this out - I honestly am probably not much help as I have no idea what teens want to do. I think if we found something for them to do pre-party that might be good (though I assume they wouldn't want to feel like we put them at the "kids table" while the adults are off drinking or anything :rotfl:

I know for one of the DIS events we participated in a scavenger hunt - would something like that be good? Or maybe organize a meet up at the VOID at Disney Springs?

scavenger hunts can be fun....mickeymouseisking and i would be happy to participate - but then again, neither of us are teens, so if it's a teen event, we'd have to pass :)

Also is it to early to be thinking about my party outfit, as I want to be a bit dressy but not too dressy.

I need something sparkly yet functional and if I’m going on FOP and have to straddle the bike - is my only option trousers!!

It’s a mine field of decision and don’t even get me started on the make up issue lol :laughing:

i guess you could go for leggings under a sparkly tunic top or something like that...
as you can tell, i don't have a creative bone in my body...

I am definitely interested in DVC moonlight. I am an owner but step child that bought resale. I would love to go.

That might work. We have no firm plans for our trip. Even just connecting at the beginning of the party, so they can hang out with kids their own ages would be great

That might work. We have no firm plans for our trip. Even just connecting at the beginning of the party, so they can hang out with kids their own ages would be great

That could be a good idea - I know for the last event I went solo and having a chance to meet a few people prior to the party made the actual party a lot more fun as I had people to hang out with and other familiar faces to say hi to as they passed by

Maybe we should try to have a "welcome party" event for like the evening of Wed the 7th that can include adults and teens to meet each other. Maybe at the Poly or the Boardwalk or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!