Underwear question - ladies only

SpaceMtnGirl

DIS Veteran
I have read tips here before to wear moisture-wicking underwear to the parks for hot days. Does anyone have any good brands to recommend? Fruit of the Loom breathable undies look promising, but they don't make them in thong style, which is what I wear. I saw brands like Under Armour have moisture-wicking thongs, but WOW at the price. I'm overwhelmed with the selection on Amazon, and a lot of them have bad reviews. I also went to Victoria's Secret, asked their opinion on the best underwear for this purpose, bought what they recommended and they promptly FELL APART the first time I washed them (before I wore them!!) Got to take those back today. Grrr. Any suggestions?

Swimsuit bottoms work pretty well, and you can often find them really cheap on clearance at Target right now. They dry quickly and rinse up in the sink easily.

Perhaps I'm not the best person to be posting on this thread because I do not do thongs but rather mid rise bikini.
I personally would never recommend moisture wicking underwear. Go 100% cotton or as close to it as you can in my opinion.

100% cotton has served me well during two midsummer trips to WDW. It also serves me well daily right here in central Texas, which in the summer is even hotter than Orlando. Synthetics and heat don't mix well, in my experience.

I'm surprised at all the recommendations for cotton. I hate how cotton gets (and stays) wet when you get sweaty.

I recently discovered moisture wicking underwear made by Hanes. It's light, comfortable, and feels dry even when you get sweaty. I wear them when working out, and plan to bring a bunch on my next WDW trip.

OP, not sure if they come in thong style, but they're reasonably priced and worth a try even if you have to change styles.

I'm surprised at all the recommendations for cotton. I hate how cotton gets (and stays) wet when you get sweaty.

I recently discovered moisture wicking underwear made by Hanes. It's light, comfortable, and feels dry even when you get sweaty. I wear them when working out, and plan to bring a bunch on my next WDW trip.

OP, not sure if they come in thong style, but they're reasonably priced and worth a try even if you have to change styles.

Taught by my GYN in hot situations stick to cotton. Nobody wants that kind of uncomfortable feeling at the most magical place on earth.

I'm another cotton fan for undies. (Bras are another story.) I used to get infections all the time. When I switched from synthetics to cotton, they stopped. I've never gone back. Lived in Texas near Houston, which is also hellaciously hot and muggy and never had a problem with cotton.

Hmmm. TMI, but that's my experience. Thin cotton dries quickly.

I wear the moisture-wicking/dri-fit thongs in the park (and also to the gym). I buy them at Target and they are located in the fitness clothes section. No chaffing, rashes, etc. Super comfy and just perfect for those long, hot park days since they are designed for fitness/extreme physical activity.

Thank you all for the responses! I have always done cotton undies but after reading tips here on the boards about the moisture-wicking stuff, I wondered if that would be better. I have also heard cotton is best for avoiding "problems" down there so now I'm a bit conflicted. May just stick with cotton. At least we take mid-day breaks so I can always change back at the hotel.

If you wear running shorts most have built in undies, that's what I wear to WDW. It's moisture wicking and the shorts are breathable and one less thing to have to worry about packing.

I wear moisture wicking underwear. It does work and you won't get chaffing or y-infections with them.

I would suggest trying out a panty liner to absorb the extra sweat. You stay dry next to the skin and are super quick to switch out in the restroom.

When I'm going to be out in the heat I wear nylon boy shorts and nothing but nylon boy shorts. I walk in South Louisiana for about an hour and a half six days a week (the other day I am like as not hiking). Nylon, nylon, nylon. They can be (and usually are) the cheapest nylon panties at Walmart. No more chafing and no more infections. The nylon dries crazy fast, unlike cotton that never dries in tropical humidity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts