Unhappy thoughts at the Happiest Place on Earth

britaflower

Animal lover and Disney fanatic.
It's hard for me to say, but I suffer from depression. When I am in one of my moods, even the Happiest Place on Earth can't remove the unhappy thoughts racing through my head. I thought I was lost and destined to stay unhappy. However, reading some of the posts on here I have come to realize that I am not alone and that my situation and thoughts can change. I am not a static person, but a dynamic person. As a long time lurker, I would like to say thank you to everyone that really makes this Disney board one of the best places online.

We are disney addicts. When my wife and I get down or sad or depressed we try to turn our attention to Disney. Disney Vlogs we love: Tim Tracker, All Ears, Prince Charming Dev, The Dis, Corey Meets World and more. We also love just putting on the Disney Room TV music. Disney is our positivity maker. Disney +, disney movies anything to help cheer us up :)

Hi @britaflower nice to “meet” you. Many of us have or have had depression so never be embarrassed to talk about that. I had a full clinical breakdown 20 years ago and took a long time to feel I could open up.
I share my love of Disney and Pixar with my grandson - he loves that people create these characters that we become so fond of!

If you've been lurking around, you may have seen my thread of a "confession." We all suffer from something. It may be diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis (yes, horrible spelling). I suffer from a disease related to depression and anxiety. It IS beatable. I haven't found the answer, but get a dog, listen to music.

Listen to the song "Get Along" by Garth Brooks.

If you've been lurking around, you may have seen my thread of a "confession." We all suffer from something. It may be diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis (yes, horrible spelling). I suffer from a disease related to depression and anxiety. It IS beatable. I haven't found the answer, but get a dog, listen to music.

Listen to the song "Get Along" by Garth Brooks.

Hey, also,

Those of us with depression have to lean on each other.

Pick your head up. There is another day. That day feel miles long. One hour at a time.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow.

Know what makes me happy? My wife steals the blanket every night and I go to sleep cold :) But I don't bother her.:)

Last edited:
Last thing... let the little stuff go. If you have to, hold on to the big stuff, but most "big stuff" is not worth it in the first place.

Please DM me...

That little secret about the blanket... you got a lot to live happy for and your wife probably knows all your good reasons to stay by your side.

Wish we could all have a happy day together at Disney when life returns to the normal times that we now have learned They were the best of times
. Try to think of DisneyWorld having a heart that beats just for you. Where would it be?
. I think and know it is in front of the DL Castle seated on a bench For my heartbeat.

I was thinking about getting an assistance animal to bring with me. Anyone have experience with this at DL?

My other virtual happy place (besides here - I am mostly a lurker too) is the Disney Food Blog, specifically AJ's YouTube videos. It difficult to listen to AJ and not feel cheered. I have never heard of anyone with a happier voice. Even when she is giving a negative review of something she does it with the most cheerful voice you can imagine. Sometimes I just play her videos while I do housework just to have someone happy around even if I am only half listening.

Hi there! You're never alone. I have depression. Actually, for the past 4 months I have had the worst depression of my life. On top of everything else going on in the world right now, my personal life has taken a sharp downturn and will never be the same again. It's been incredibly hard to deal with.

Admittedly, Disney is the only thing that can make me happy right now. I watch tons of Disney videos on YouTube, and watch Disney movies pretty much every day. But sometimes, even Disney magic can't cut through my negative thoughts. It's hard when even the things you love and are passionate about can't even lift your mood.

I'd recommend maybe talking with a therapist if you can. I just started therapy this week and I feel like it can really help. I know not everyone can afford therapy, but if you can, talking through it with a trained professional can help. I've also found hanging out with my friends and family and not isolating myself helps me too. But most days I have to force myself out of the house because I do just want to be alone. It's a lot of will power. But know that no matter how you're doing, even doing the simplest things can be accomplishments most days. Don't beat yourself up. Depression is... the worst. I didn't really understand depression until now. It's not something you just "get over". Don't let anyone tell you that.

Sorry that was super rambly but I'm pretty passionate about mental health, even if I neglect my own sometimes. You're never really alone.

Glad to know that there are so many out there that are like me. I like know that we are not alone.

We are disney addicts. When my wife and I get down or sad or depressed we try to turn our attention to Disney. Disney Vlogs we love: Tim Tracker, All Ears, Prince Charming Dev, The Dis, Corey Meets World and more. We also love just putting on the Disney Room TV music. Disney is our positivity maker. Disney +, disney movies anything to help cheer us up :)
Disney is my happy place as well! I love hearing how others find solace in the magic too!

It's hard for me to say, but I suffer from depression. When I am in one of my moods, even the Happiest Place on Earth can't remove the unhappy thoughts racing through my head. I thought I was lost and destined to stay unhappy. However, reading some of the posts on here I have come to realize that I am not alone and that my situation and thoughts can change. I am not a static person, but a dynamic person. As a long time lurker, I would like to say thank you to everyone that really makes this Disney board one of the best places online.

sorry i got to this post late!
it seems that everybody has a story and everybody has a way to cope. :3 i go back and forth between the ups and downs of depression and the paranoia of anxiety. Since i am also a big kid (a manchild i guess?? I take a sonic the hedgehog backpack to work with me, you be the judge...im 34. >>;;) but anyway i feel paranoid people think i am stupid or unworthy of being taken seriously because well, i am an odd duck!

but that being said, to battle the bad thoughts that happen i dig a lot of podcasts from true crime to the overwhelmed brain but indo listen to a loadnof disney ones to help cheer me up. I can tell im addicted to disney content because its my go to when ive had too much dark true crime, and ive gone through most of the backlogs of shows i love x.x.

hey any suggestions would be awesome.

but dont feel weird for admitting depression, its ok and we are all in the same boat. If you ever wanna chat feel free to pm me. :3

Just saw this thread while poking around different sections of the board, and wanted to say a belated welcome. I have family members who suffer from depression, and it’s way more common than people think. Glad you found our site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!