"Unintended Consequence fee"

sorcerermick

<font color=red>DDC 638<br><font color=peach>I'm n
I personally don't fly any airline other than Jet Blue because I love the televisions for the kids (and myself), but I read last night that Spirit airlines has started to charge a $2 per ticket fee titled "unintended consequence fee". Their complaint is that the new regulations placed on airlines give customers the ability to cancel a reservation within 24 hours of making it (which I didn't even know), and because of the fact that they have to hold the reservation and a customer may cancel it, they may lose other bookings. to combat that 'lost revenue", they are putting a $2 surcharge on all tickets to cover it. What a joke! No wonder the airline industry is falling apart.

Why don't we (the passengers) start to receive money back every time a flight is delayed. Aren't those "unintended consequences"?

Unintended consequences...what's next?!?!

This is just Spirit trying to rile their customers up to complain to congress about the recent law requiring airlines to list "bottom line" prices when they quote fares. And, that's not surprising---Spirit was among the worst offenders, hiding taxes and fees until the very end of the purchasing process.

This is just one more reason why I would not fly Spirit on a bet.

This is just Spirit trying to rile their customers up to complain to congress about the recent law requiring airlines to list "bottom line" prices when they quote fares. And, that's not surprising---Spirit was among the worst offenders, hiding taxes and fees until the very end of the purchasing process.

This is just one more reason why I would not fly Spirit on a bet.

I must agree with Brian on this. There are lots of things that Spirit does that annoys the heck out of me, but this one takes the cake.

However, I do realize that I am very lucky to have many other options, and can fly out of one of 3 local airports, so I don't HAVE to rely on Spirit.

I fly Spirit a lot between DTW & MCO for trips to WDW.
I deal with the stupidities of the extra fees and such just because it still ends up cheaper than other airlines for me.

When Spirit first started squawking on their site about the govt making them include all fees and taxes, I immediately wondered what their issue was.
I was actually confused at first, thinking I had misread or somehow totally misunderstood what it was all about.
But, as it turns out, its just Spirit acting all up-in-arms about nothing!
It's not like they were being forced to raise their prices; just disclose them right from the get-go!
But the way Spirit touted it, you would have thought the govt was adding all sorts of extra taxes and fees, making the airline pass the increases on to the customer.

I figured Spirit would eventually find an excuse to add some sort of fee as a result of the issue.
And here we have it!!
What a scam!!

I figured Spirit would eventually find an excuse to add some sort of fee as a result of the issue. And here we have it!! What a scam!!

Exactly. Spirit would have you believe that you were better off knowing how much of what you paid were government taxes when in reality all anyone really wants to know is HOW MUCH IS THE TICKET GOING TO COST.

In the past they could get away showing a $59 fare that actually cost you $89 because they would add the government taxes on AND THEIR OWN FEE disguised as a government fee! Now they have to post $89 and it's driving them crazy! (LOL...now they have to post $91 because of their stupid new garbage fee!)

BobK/Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter