Unintended Quarantine Side Effect

Oh nice yeah I live in downtown! So I do the same. Really it depends on if I’m stopping for groceries on the way home. I really like that beach drive is closed right now so I mainly hit Rock Creek, but if I’m doing a Whole Foods run I’ll head over to Sligo. I am ashamed to admit I’ve been here 3 years and my first time on either of the trails was after the quarantine started. Are you part of the silver springs run club?

I generally like to run alone, so I'm not in any of the running clubs. I often see the Montgomery County Road Runners on Rock Creek Trail. I think MCRR has canceled their group runs for the time being.

Since the quarantine, I've definitely been exploring more trails to keep boredom at bay. Wheaton Regional Park has a big network of paved and unpaved trails. The Northwest Branch Trail north of Rte. 29 is unpaved, but pretty packed and few roots; it connects up to Wheaton Regional Park. The Matthew Henson Trail starts from Rock Creek Trail a little north of Randolph Road and heads east. Here's a list of MoCo park trails: https://www.montgomeryparks.org/activities/park-trails/

I generally like to run alone, so I'm not in any of the running clubs. I often see the Montgomery County Road Runners on Rock Creek Trail. I think MCRR has canceled their group runs for the time being.

Since the quarantine, I've definitely been exploring more trails to keep boredom at bay. Wheaton Regional Park has a big network of paved and unpaved trails. The Northwest Branch Trail north of Rte. 29 is unpaved, but pretty packed and few roots; it connects up to Wheaton Regional Park. The Matthew Henson Trail starts from Rock Creek Trail a little north of Randolph Road and heads east. Here's a list of MoCo park trails: https://www.montgomeryparks.org/activities/park-trails/

Thanks! I normally have to stick close to the area since I am living that car free life. I will take a look at that list though and try and find some new paths that are close. Tonight though is time for some local beer. Probably one of my favorite parts about this area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!