• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal announces Heros Salute - Free and discounted admission

Miss Jasmine

Time for something new!<BR><font color=limegreen><
A "HEROES SALUTE" TO THOSE WHO SERVE

Universal Studios salutes all active U.S. military personnel as well as all U.S. police, firefighters and rescue personnel with FREE ADMISSION to Universal's theme parks*.

· Good at Universal Orlando's two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, the Orlando waterpark Wet n' Wild, and at Universal Studios Hollywood.
· Offer good from January 1 and continuing through April 30, 2002**.
· Pass expires seven days after issuance.

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
· "Heroes Ticket" with four days unlimited admission to Universal Studios Florida, Island of Adventure and Wet n' Wild.
· Accompanying family members and friends of those eligible will be given 50 percent discounted admission to the theme parks.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD
· Hero receives a complimentary theme park admission and up to five additional family members' or friends' admission tickets at a 50 percent discount.

*Active military personnel include any member of the Armed Forces as well as members of the Unites States Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reserves. The offer extends to both paid and volunteer emergency service workers. For those military personnel involved in Operation Enduring Freedom currently serving overseas, their spouse will be eligible to take advantage of the family and friends 50 percent discount.

** To obtain their free admission tickets, those eligible will need to present a photo ID and a military ID or appropriate ID and badge at the theme park box office and turnstile. Family members and friends must be present and the tickets purchased at the same time in order to obtain their one-time discounted admission.

Discount rates at Universal on-site and partner hotels will also be available in both Orlando and Hollywood. For more information on these discounts, those eligible can contact Universal Orlando at 1-888-331-3589 or Universal Studios Hollywood at 1-800-UNIVERSAL.

I have called the # at the botom of the offer and they knew nothing, they asked me to spell out what I was saying... "H-E-R-O-E-S- S-A-L-U-T-E" still no help, they transfered me to Special Operations where Martha had no idea what I was talking about, then she gave me another # to call and when I tried to press #2 to get room only reservations it hung up on me and said please try your call again, this happened 3 times before I figured out that I should just not press anything... then I got a person in Vacation pacakages Dept, He knew about the Heroes Salute offer of free addmission, but nothing about a room discount, He quoted me $631 for 3 nights in a poolside room at the Hard Rock, when I said your on hold music has a offer for $99 this price is double that your'e giving me, he said that $99 was a different rate, he said he was giving me a package qoute, I said a package qoute is not what I need since the tix's a free and 50% off and have to be purchased seperately, he put me on hold and then Martha at Special Operations picked up, she said she couldn't believe he transfered the call to her and that she had no informaion for me, once again, she told me to call the number again and ask for room only rates and I was able to get someone in room only on the phone, but Alas they too knew nothing, Believe it or not I had to have to person go onto the Universal Studios website and show them where the offer was on the website, she said this was the first she had heard of this offer. She took my name and # and told me she would print out the offer and show it to her supervisor and call me back. They obviously wanted to come out with an offer like Disney and Busch Co. but didn't want to look like they were the last to jump on the Band Wagon, so they came out with an offer this Morning but had no Details in their system or they just had no idea what they we're going to do. I can't Believe this because my mom just called from Tampa to tell me she heard it on the Radio this morning and she wanted to share the news with me. I can't see how you can launch a Radio ad and website Offer but not inform you reservations staff or specail Operations department. If any body has any problems with getting Discounted room rates tell them that you know someone else who has spoken to every dept. and they are looking into the offer. i hope to hear soon and when they call I'll tell you what they said.Nobody knows what I am talking about....(Long)

I think this is a great offer and they deserve our patience as they enter this info into their computers. From what I understand they have just gone to a new reservation system that is still giving them some problems and now they have this to deal with. Yes it appears that there has been a comminication breakdown. But what else is new? I plan on calling back in a few days when they have a better grasp on this. :)

Why is universal not including canadian police and firefighters. I know that canadian firefighters and police and other emergency workers, went to new york for the terrible terrorist attack. In fact a canadian police officer and his dog, saved one of the few people that were saved the day after the attack. Seaworld included canadian police and firefighters. Just wondering.

Deb.

Well, the timing is perfect. We just purchased the 2-day, 3rd day free tickets that were being offered. I guess we need to decide whether this deal is worth the extra expense and just hang on to the other tickets for a future trip or not.

Still, it's nice the Universal is doing this; it would be nicer if Disney had something similar as well.

WHere did you get these tickets. Buy 2day/one free. Or where can I. We are going down for a week at christmas and leaving to come home on the 1st. DH is Police, volunteer firefighter. Wont get to use the discounts

Disney are honouring Active Duty Military Members with free entry for a limited period next year - see my Post on the Theme Parks Stratergies Forum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter