universal express pass with Airmiles

martin33

Mouseketeer
Hi there- Anyone know if you can add an express pass from Universal Studios, to a park ticket redeemed from Airmiles. Looks like the crowd calendar predicts a busy time the week we are there in March.
Many thanks for any input

Hi Damo
and anyone else who has experience with this,,
I know this is an old thread but when I googled my question this thread came up.

I am trying to figure out how exactly to do this,,can it be pre-done over the phone or web site or do I have to do this at the Park?
We are going during the March break and not staying at a Universal Hotel this time. but at Disney's OKW resort.
We are going to Uber it over to Universal.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Hugs Mel

Hi Damo
I know this is an old thread but when I googled my question this thread came up.

I am trying to figure out how exactly to do this,,can it be pre-done over the phone or web site or do I have to do this at the Park?
We are going during the March break and not staying at a Universal Hotel this time. but at Disney's OKW resort.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Hugs Mel
When we were there in early February there were places EVERYWHERE to purchase the Express Pass, if I'm not mistaken there was even a booth just before you get to the bag check and then immediately after and they are in every store, kiosks throughout the parks ... you shouldn't have a problem doing it once you get there. It also looks like you can buy that on-line but you need to select a date and the calendar is only loading till the end of the year

Universal Express Pass

Hi Damo

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Hugs Mel

You just doing one day? If so, you can purchase the express anywhere. You can also purchase it online but it is date specific and non-refundable, so not something you necessarily want to do much in advance. Another thing you might want to look at..... If you have a lot of people going and the express passes are really expensive, look at getting a room for one night that has the express. Sometimes it is cheaper that way. That will also give you two full days of express and early admission...something just buying the express pass won't get you. You don't actually need to stay in the hotel but you just need to check in and get your room keys and express passes.

When we were there in early February there were places EVERYWHERE to purchase the Express Pass, if I'm not mistaken there was even a booth just before you get to the bag check and then immediately after and they are in every store, kiosks throughout the parks ... you shouldn't have a problem doing it once you get there. It also looks like you can buy that on-line but you need to select a date and the calendar is only loading till the end of the year

Universal Express Pass

Thanks Hon
Thank-you for the information and the link.
Hugs Mel

You just doing one day? If so, you can purchase the express anywhere. You can also purchase it online but it is date specific and non-refundable, so not something you necessarily want to do much in advance. Another thing you might want to look at..... If you have a lot of people going and the express passes are really expensive, look at getting a room for one night that has the express. Sometimes it is cheaper that way. That will also give you two full days of express and early admission...something just buying the express pass won't get you. You don't actually need to stay in the hotel but you just need to check in and get your room keys and express passes.

Hi Damo
We have the airmiles 2 day park to park tickets. So far there are just two of us going ,,,,but that usually changes before March break as everyone wants to jump on the "Mom's March Fun" getaway. I am thinking if I add the costs for uber for 4 trips and park passes I might just be better to book a room for one night.
Thanks for sharing your insight and help.
Hugs
Mel

Just a thought...
Can I save up and use airmiles to book a room at a UO resort?
They don't appear to be directly on the site but it *looks* like you can use Cash miles to get e-vouchers to use at a few Travel Agencies and then use those to book the hotel?? Looks like you could do one of the mid-range hotels for about 3000-ish AM Have no idea if this is good (or even feasible at this point!)

**looks like someone who has done this beat me to the punch!

And it doesn't matter how you book a room...you still get the express passes and early admission.

Well slap me silly I never even thought about using these cash miles for travel vouchers. I learn something new every day.

I have 2- $250.00 Visa Gift Cards that I was given as a present and was hoping to use them to book a room for one night at RPR. I am hoping that CAA will book the night with these cards.
Thanks for all the information and help everyone.
Hugs Mel

If they are prepaid visa s I dont know why they wouldnt accept them. Other travel agents will. If you have pcpoints, their agency will accept them. Try other agencies.

Hi Mort1331
I will give it another try tomorrow.
Thanks
Hugs Mel

So I went to Marlin travel today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
They want $60.00 per person staying on the reservation fee ....so if another son joins us we would have 3x60=$180.00 service fee for booking a room. I also lose 2.5 % on each $250.00 gift card (foreign exchange fee). So I am just going to use the cards to buy groceries and use the grocery money to book the room.
Hugs Mel

I have phoned Air Miles directly and booked Royal Pacific. Not sure if they still do this. Perhaps if you`re Onyx and use the personal shopper featureÉ

Universal Express Pass
Hey Donald, at the risk of hijacking, how busy did you find the crowds in early Feb? We are trying to decide if it is worth adding a day this year (could do mid-week if much better crowds) and if not, debating on the room booking to get express for all of us. It would be the first 2 weeks of Feb coming up, I have to say the Dis planner in me is not enjoying that Uni and SW's calendars are only up to end of calendar year! :)

I will definately look into the personal shopper for next time.

I went ahead and booked a room at Royal Pacific Resort.
It is during the Spring March Break 2018.
I wish we could go at a less expensive time of year,,ah maybe someday.
It is probably the most expensive Hotel room I've ever booked BUT.........
:yay:
:We get to use the gym and spa facilities,,love the wet sauna here.
The Pool,Bar and Cabanas are great too.

:Front of the line Express Pass for two days,we had this before and it made all the difference .

:Early morning admission for two days.

: And I splurged and booked Club Level for me.

My sons probably won't be doing Disney at all this trip, I may go to Epcot for a day as I love the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
I have acquired all of our tickets via airmiles which is saving us a bundle.

Now I just need to update myself with all the new things at U.O.since our last visit a few years ago.

Thanks for everyone's help on this thread.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Hey Donald, at the risk of hijacking, how busy did you find the crowds in early Feb? We are trying to decide if it is worth adding a day this year (could do mid-week if much better crowds) and if not, debating on the room booking to get express for all of us. It would be the first 2 weeks of Feb coming up, I have to say the Dis planner in me is not enjoying that Uni and SW's calendars are only up to end of calendar year! :)
We were there the Monday immediately after Harry Potter weekend (whatever it's called?!?!) Other than trying to get thru the gates (good grief, disorganized much!!??!!) it was "shoot-a-canon & not hit anybody" dead quiet in the majority of the park. In both of the HP sections it was very busy, but doable. The only line we ran into was to catch the train from one section to the other at the end of the day -- it was over an hour long :crazy2:(we chose to walk instead ... much quicker) We ended up with fistfuls of paper express passes because they thought it took too long to downgrade our tickets and we never used one -- there were no lines anywhere that even had that section open. Even the 2 headliner HP rides were close to walk ons, they didn't even have the single rider lines open.
IMG_3011.JPG This was around noon -- had to go out of your way to even come close to touching anyone!
IMG_3055.JPG This was around 5:30 in one of the HP sections -- guess it wasn't that busy after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!