Universal FAQ's

Hi, I've never posted on a board anywhere before, so sorry if I've done something wrong.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what daytime crowds were like during fridays & saturdays of Halloween horror nights.

We visited both parks last year on a Monday and Tuesday ( not Hhn) late October, and wait times and crowds were good.

Also, what is the atmosphere like around citywalk, and hotels?
We are visiting with younger children and wish to avoid very rowdy/ adult orientated atmosphere, but due to holiday dates, are considering visiting on a weekend this time, or should we stick with midweek?

Weekends always has more guests in the park and city walk

Locals enjoy weekends out also, especially it the weather is nice

I have not experienced rowdy crowds during those times
Might have crowds but that's it, no pushing or shoving behavior if that is what you are wondering

Only time you usually find a Monday with crowds is then it is a holiday

Three day weekends brings more into the parks

Been 5 years since I've been to IOA and US. Are there baby care centers like at wdw where I can feed the baby comfortably, change diapers, etc...

I have a question about touring Universal: We're going to Orlando for the first time and I've used TouringPlan to plan out our days at Disney. I found it to be useful. Does anyone recommend using the same tool to organize the day at Universal? The subscription fee isn't high but if there's another way, I'd like to try and hope that Universal won't be as complicated as Disney. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Should not be a crowded time for you

Week before Labor Day is usually a swell time for the parks

Don't have a calendar near by to check

But can say out of all the holidays in the year, Labor Day is moderate for that Monday's on attendance

Have no idea if that will hold true for this year, but hope so

But you still have a Tuesday and Wednesday that week to enjoy decent manageable days in the parks

Is it possible a 2 park 1 day ticket worth it? I know we can't do everything in one day but there are innings we want to see in both parks.

We did our first ever trip to Universal in early February. We had one day and our only purpose was to see the 2 Harry Potter areas and ride Hogwarts Express. You HAVE to have Park to park to ride Train.

I say the ticket was totally worth it. We spent loads of time in both HP sections. The train is great fun. Make sure you ride it both ways! We had time to do several rides outside of HP in both parks. If we had purchased Express Pass we could have done even more. We would definitely add that next time.

For us the one day park to park was worth every penny.

Is there a list of rides at Universal (if any) that have single rider lines? I am planning my first trip in 16 years and will be on my own. I plan to do a 3 day 2 park ticket. I'm thinking I can accomplish a lot in that time, but single rider lines always help.

I plan to go September 5-9 so hoping crowds are low.

Thanks!

Just saw a thread that listed lines used for SRL

But those lines are not always opened early

Spider man ride usually has it open in the afternoon when crowds back up

Hi I'm moving to the area and was wondering about yearly tickets what tickets provide the best value the 688dollars or the 488dollars ,thanks for your help

Planning a first-time visit to Universal. Doing the park-park one day ticket and the day we are planning to go has a Halloween Horror Nights event, but we are NOT doing the event. I'm trying to decide whether it will be worth it to stay at a Universal resort to get the early entrance to HP, but it's hard to find information about park hours. What time do the parks usually open? It sounds like Universal closes at 5 p.m. for HHN, but does IoA stay open later? If so what time? The date we are looking at is October 19th (Thursday). Biggest priority is the HP stuff, but will want to do a few other rides as well (coasters). TIA!

Planning a first-time visit to Universal. Doing the park-park one day ticket and the day we are planning to go has a Halloween Horror Nights event, but we are NOT doing the event. I'm trying to decide whether it will be worth it to stay at a Universal resort to get the early entrance to HP, but it's hard to find information about park hours. What time do the parks usually open? It sounds like Universal closes at 5 p.m. for HHN, but does IoA stay open later? If so what time? The date we are looking at is October 19th (Thursday). Biggest priority is the HP stuff, but will want to do a few other rides as well (coasters). TIA!
Normally IOA will be open until 7 or 8pm during HHN.

Hi I'm moving to the area and was wondering about yearly tickets what tickets provide the best value the 688dollars or the 488dollars ,thanks for your help
Sounds like premier and preferred passes
Or maybe not if the above ap are for the 3 parks

I have the preferred and renew yearly

I'm not planning on the ap upgrade for Vbay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!