Universal FAQ's

I "think" they do studios but I'm really not sure. We never do EE so I don't pay attention.

Yep, on HHN it's usually Studios to have EE as it closes so early for the event.

Could someone please rate the shows at UO? I found a lot of information on best rides and their motion sickness factor but found it difficult to determine which shows/parades/entertainment are not to be missed.

We all favor different things

What wowed me two years ago don't as much now

Studios
Love the blues brothers steet show
The mini parade by Mel's and horror make up show
Parade
Walk around characters in the park
Including Lucille Ball, scooby group,
Doc, donkey and shrek section that peeps pose for pictures
Donkey is so funny on what he says

Love the show that is near Central Park in front of mummy area
Some great singers
And they try to work someone in the audience into the show

And the entertainment of music and dancing at Central Park
This is the one that is about 15 minutes and opposite from the other side of building of finnegans

Horror make up show is different based on the two actors and audiences

Animal actor on parade

Islands I like the fantastic 4 atv ride in where pics and autographs are done

Call me goofy but I enjoy the sindbad show for the acrobatic theme

Mystic Fountain is a hoot!!
The fountain says the funniest things quickly and none of it is scripted

Other outdoor entertainment is decent but just wanted to mention the ones I do every visit now

The Horror Makeup Show (in US) is funny and they demonstrate some movie makeup effects. It's also a great place to sit and cool down indoors.

The Animal Actor show (in US) is cute. They demonstrate how animals in movies do their acting.

I'm glad Macraven mentioned the Mystic Fountain (in IoA). The interaction with kids is fantastic. We always stop by the fountain, and our daughter loves it.

The Dragon CHallenge - pretty much determined that NONE of us are up for that ride. Well, my 10 year old thinks she is, but she might not make it on height, and reality of seeing in the flesh might make her rethink. Is there theming through the queue that is worth going through, then taking the scaredy cat exit? We are big Potter fans.

Fair enough. If she still seems to want to ride a "big" ride, but is hesitant to ride the 3 big coasters, then maybe she would like to try The Mummy. It's an indoor coaster, but it has no loops or massive drops. Although the first 30 seconds of Hulk is my favorite ride experience in the whole resort, The Mummy is my favorite ride overall. It is just so stinking fun! My 9 year old girl started riding it when she turned 8. She flip flops, though. Sometimes she rides, sometimes she doesn't.

Your family is going to have a great time. BTW, the interactive wands are a bit spendy, but your kid(s) will love casting the interactive spells. If you don't get a wand, you can still hang out and watch other kids (and adults!) casting spells. Some are "meh" but many are quite entertaining.

The Dragon CHallenge - pretty much determined that NONE of us are up for that ride. Well, my 10 year old thinks she is, but she might not make it on height, and reality of seeing in the flesh might make her rethink. Is there theming through the queue that is worth going through, then taking the scaredy cat exit? We are big Potter fans.

You will have to use a locker (or let someone else in your group hold your stuff.) Most of the decor is after the metal detectors. The walkway is decorated with banners for the 4 champions, the Weasleys' Ford Anglia is hanging out in one area, and finally,there is the champions' tent with the Goblet of Fire in the center.

Maps of running trails are supposedly available at the concierge desk. Does anyone have digital copies of these maps? I will be at UO right when the Virtual Run Platform 9 3/4 of the Hogwart Running Club will open so I'd like to run it there in part or in full.

Hi, a question about early entry. At the moment it is showing Studios as early entry for the entire month of October - is that likely to change once it gets closer? or is that it?

Oh, so normal entry there is 8 am everyday??? So if they had early entry, it would be 7am, in October? Yikes, that is early!

with the studios closing at 5:00 pm with the exception of mondays and tuesdays, onsite guests will have that extra hour for the park
regular off site day attendess will be able to have 9 hours in the park then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!