Universal newbie...Q's now and more to follow(I'm sure!)

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
My DH and I have decided to sneak off for a weekend to Universal for our 15th wedding anniversary without the kids!It happens to be Memorial Day weekend,but our last Disney trip was 4th of July,so it can't be any worse,right?That actually is my first question....

1) How bad are the crowds that weekend?(We'll be arriving Friday, May 24th,but probably not do any parks that day,just on Sat.&Sun.)

2) How is the Holiday Inn at Universal?Can you really walk to Universal from there?I know we should stay on-site,but this is a splurge and we can't really afford on-site.

3) We are going to get our tickets through AAA.Is there a discount and do you really get early entry?Did I misunderstand?Is it a different perk?

4) Anything else we should know right now?

I'm sure I'll be back with more Q's the closer it gets,but thanks for the help.:D

First, Congrats on your Pats Divisional win (what a surprise they've been!)!
Yes, it'll get crowded that week-end. Just show up early and use your Express passes wisely.
I don't think you get early entry, but it's always best to be there 15-20 mins. early.
Never stayed at Hol. Inn there, but never heard anything negative. I wouldn't walk to Parks from there, even if I was in shape! I think they have a decent shuttle. Taxiis shouldn't be more than $5 one way.
Jim

a lot of things changed with 9/11. early entry was eliminated.

However you are talking May which is a long way off and things can change as the circumstances change.

Yes it will be busy that weekend.

If the parks open at 9, you need to be at the turnstyles at 8:30.

as it gets closer to time and you monitor this board you will find answers to questions you never thought of. :smooth:

Well, ya know, they we're open at 8am for the new years eve weekend.

Hint Hint Hint.

I'm hoping they keep this tradition of opening at 8am on busy weekends and holidays.

Yeah, be at the turnstiles at 08:30 so you're at the front of the line. You'll get into an empty park and hit the hottest rides before the rest of the crowd shows up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter