Universal on a Friday in August

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
Does anyone know what kind of crowds we should expect on a Friday in August? I am actually planning our itinerary for 2007, and I'm assuming that we would be able to do the park in one day?

We are staying at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel - any idea how long a taxi would take to get to the park from there?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

Mazzy said:
. . . We are staying at the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel - any idea how long a taxi would take to get to the park from there?

You could also take the subway (Redline) from the Hollywood/Highland station (next to your hotel) to the Lankershim/Universal Studios exit. Costs $1.25 per person each way.

Woody

Woody - thanks for the tip, didn't know that we were so near the subway. :thumb:

I agree with Woody, take the subway (metro). I've ridden it before from the Hollywood and Highland station (which is cute and Hollywood-y by the way) and found it to be very clean and generally safe. When you get to the Universal station, go out the station and across the street (follow the crosswalks.... and everybody else), and there is a shuttle that will take you right to Citywalk, closest to the park entrance. The shuttle is free. (Just be sure to check the times for the last shuttle of the evening, it's different on different days and in different seasons).

A Friday in August will probably still be pretty busy because the majority of LA Unified Schools won't be back in session until the week after Labor Day. This is important to keep in mind because annual passes were really cheap this year, and with the easy access to the subway and public transportation, it's easy for local adolescents and teens to babysit themselves at the park (if you know what I mean ;) ) I suspect next summer will be pretty much the same.

Madetolove - thanks so much for the tips and advice - very helpful! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter