Universal or Six Flags?

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone!

We booked our airfare yesterday for our October trip! :cool1: So excited!!

We will be going to Legoland, and then coming to Anaheim and finishing up with Disney for four days. In between, I had planned on doing Universal. But, I'm wondering if we should do Six Flags instead? Our son is 6, and it does not look like there are that many rides for him at Universal, and I'm not sure if he will think the behind the scenes tours will be interesting. The only thing would be the Jurassic Park ride (as he's a big fan), and maybe if they do something pertaining to Animal Planet.

We have season passes to our Six Flags here in Texas. Thus, that would save us $150 as we could get in free. But, money not being the issue, which one would you suggest for a six-year-old?

Thank you for your help!

I'd do Universal-

If you have a Six Flags where you live then other than the rollercoasters that Magic Mountain has you aren't going to see anything that you don't already have.
Here's a list of attrations at Universal-
http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/hollywood/website/list_all_attractions.html

Looks like they have Shrek in 4D along with Animal Planet & JP.

Another idea would be Knotts Berry Farm. Here's a list of rides at Knott's.
http://www.knotts.com/park/rides.shtml
Knott's has 'Camp Snoopy' which is designed for children. Check it out.

Are you planning on going to the San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park while you are near Legoland? The valley there was used for the filming of Jurassic Park. The wild Animal Park is very relaxing and has an extensive display.

There won't be too much for him to do at Magic Mountain, other than the kiddie rides. Universal Studios has some shows he might like, a few rides, and the tram tour through the backlot include different "scenes" that might frighten him - like the King Kong and Jaws parts.

I agree with RalphMouth that Knotts is another alternative to look at.

The Los Angeles Zoo is another nice place to visit.

If you could spend another day in San Diego, I would definitely recommend Seaworld rather than your other choices. The shows are very entertaining, and I think you can feed the dolphins. There is a great play area that kids love because they can take a break from scheduled activities to just play for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter