Universal Question

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi All

We are heading down to Universal over our son's Easter break. We are trying to plan the week. We want to visit Sea World and the Kennedy Space Center as well and having time for a beach day would be very nice. I am wondering if doing Universal and Islands of Adventure in one day is doable. It has been quite a few years since we have been there. We will either get a 1day/2park pass or a 2day/1park pass. Looking for some advice on everything from that to Sea World, the space center and a beach day.

If you get the express pass ( or stay one night in the upper lowes hotels) you can do most of it...
We hit all the big rides at islands of adventure had a nice lunch at three broomsticks took the train over spent 4 hours or so on the US side. We really had a nice time.
Check out the forum for studios

If it's over Easter break, it's likely to be pretty busy. But I agree, if you get Express Pass (or get it staying at one of their premium hotels), you can likely do it all in 1 day - a long day, but you can hit the big attractions - especially the HP stuff.

Another potential option/suggestion, if you're looking to do SeaWorld. We no longer find SeaWorld to be a full-day park. It's usually 1/2-day for us (but everyone is different). 1 1/2 days at Universal and 1/2-day at SeaWorld might work, too. They are located pretty close to each other.

Enjoy your trip!

If it's over Easter break, it's likely to be pretty busy. But I agree, if you get Express Pass (or get it staying at one of their premium hotels), you can likely do it all in 1 day - a long day, but you can hit the big attractions - especially the HP stuff.

Another potential option/suggestion, if you're looking to do SeaWorld. We no longer find SeaWorld to be a full-day park. It's usually 1/2-day for us (but everyone is different). 1 1/2 days at Universal and 1/2-day at SeaWorld might work, too. They are located pretty close to each other.

Enjoy your trip!
We spent two days at seaworld, my kids love there coasters and shows but the best part of seaworld was the all you can dine pass, eating every hour was awesome.

Hi All

We are heading down to Universal over our son's Easter break. We are trying to plan the week. We want to visit Sea World and the Kennedy Space Center as well and having time for a beach day would be very nice. I am wondering if doing Universal and Islands of Adventure in one day is doable. It has been quite a few years since we have been there. We will either get a 1day/2park pass or a 2day/1park pass. Looking for some advice on everything from that to Sea World, the space center and a beach day.
As the PP noted, there are separate forums for Universal and Sea World. Just scroll down. Lots of info there and lots of helpful people. Start here:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/universal-studios-islands-of-adventure-forums.30/

Thank You Everyone! All good stuff......and I will check out the other forums too.

If this is a first visit to the parks you have mentioned, I would easily allocate 3 days to the Universal parks, and 2 days to SeaWorld. (We are annual passholders at both, so we have quite a but of experience). Express Passes at Universal and Quick Queue at SeaWorld will help you squeeze more fun into your days, but give yourselves plenty of time to just explore at a relaxed pace.....there is much to discover at all 3 parks. Plan to spend time in the 2 Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter at Universal, even if it's not your "thing" (it's not mine either, but those areas are so well done, it's absolutely captivating!!). There are tons of spontaneous character meets throughout the park, and lots of fun foods to enjoy (Big Pink Donut from Lard Lad, Butterbeer in all its forms [hot, cold, frozen, and ice cream], a non-alcoholic "Flaming Moe" in Springfield, pepperoni tots in Seuss Landing).

At SeaWorld, see ALL the shows (they are incredible! ... the only one i would give a miss is Pets Ahoy if time is an issue), feed the animals (the sea lions and sting rays are especially fun), take a tour if the budget allows (pet a dolphin, touch a penguin, get your pic taken with a sea lion or a walrus, all while learning a ton of cool animal facts), and go for the food (all day dining if visiting Monday thru Thursday, or get a lanyard for the Seven Seas Food Festival if visiting on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday before May 3).

If this is a first visit to the parks you have mentioned, I would easily allocate 3 days to the Universal parks, and 2 days to SeaWorld. (We are annual passholders at both, so we have quite a but of experience). Express Passes at Universal and Quick Queue at SeaWorld will help you squeeze more fun into your days, but give yourselves plenty of time to just explore at a relaxed pace.....there is much to discover at all 3 parks. Plan to spend time in the 2 Wizarding Worlds of Harry Potter at Universal, even if it's not your "thing" (it's not mine either, but those areas are so well done, it's absolutely captivating!!). There are tons of spontaneous character meets throughout the park, and lots of fun foods to enjoy (Big Pink Donut from Lard Lad, Butterbeer in all its forms [hot, cold, frozen, and ice cream], a non-alcoholic "Flaming Moe" in Springfield, pepperoni tots in Seuss Landing).

At SeaWorld, see ALL the shows (they are incredible! ... the only one i would give a miss is Pets Ahoy if time is an issue), feed the animals (the sea lions and sting rays are especially fun), take a tour if the budget allows (pet a dolphin, touch a penguin, get your pic taken with a sea lion or a walrus, all while learning a ton of cool animal facts), and go for the food (all day dining if visiting Monday thru Thursday, or get a lanyard for the Seven Seas Food Festival if visiting on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday before May 3).
Thanks so much....now I am actually getting excited! You're not the first to mention the dining pass at SeaWorld. Are there restrictions though on where you can eat?....that would be my only deterrance......they always seem to keep you out of the "good spots"

One day for universal and IoA is going to be rushed. You can hit the highlights but you will miss some significant attractions even with an express pass. I’ve done it before but we focused only on Harry Potter which is definitely doable.

One thing to consider with one day/two park vs two days/one park is that you need a two park ticket to ride Hogwarts express.

if you only have one day for seaworld, I recommend a VIP tour. They have three options to choose from. My family loves the Vip tours there because on the longer tours you get to go behind the scenes and see the animal hospital and the rehab facility for the turtles. Also, some great experiences are included and you have someone knowledgeable guiding you around the park. It is so worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter