Universal Studios Hollywood Dining?

FoodieFriend

DisneyFan
Hello there, Helpful Disers!

Just looking for some dining advice for USH. Maybe a couple in park restaurants & a couple in City Walk? I've read some Yelp reviews but I wanted to hear from a community that I was familiar with. Thank you!

We always loved eating (and having a couple beers) at the Three Broomsticks inside the park.

Other than Three Broomsticks all the restaurants are either standard chains (CityWalk) or typical theme park fast food.

Johnny Rocket's is a Johnny Rocket's is a Johnny Rocket's. Hard Rock is a Hard Rock is a Hard Rock. Vivo Italian is decent. If you like Margaritaville, then... there's one there.

For a fast food sandwich the grilled cheese with pulled pork at Guru's is really good. Panda Express is the same no matter where you are.

Which ones are you interested in?

Other than Three Broomsticks all the restaurants are either standard chains (CityWalk) or typical theme park fast food.

Johnny Rocket's is a Johnny Rocket's is a Johnny Rocket's. Hard Rock is a Hard Rock is a Hard Rock. Vivo Italian is decent. If you like Margaritaville, then... there's one there.

For a fast food sandwich the grilled cheese with pulled pork at Guru's is really good. Panda Express is the same no matter where you are.

Which ones are you interested in?

I'm considering Three Broomsticks, but concerned about not having normal drinks (we're not butterbeer fans). We're looking for breakfast, lunch & dinner ideas. Mulligan's Irish Pub? Cletus' Chicken Shack? Good to hear Vivo is decent because that might be dinner on our way out of the area.

Three Broomsticks has other drinks besides butterbeer, including overpriced water bottles labeled "gillywater." I don't think there was soda, though. You could always buy drinks at another stop and take them into the restaurant.

Three Broomsticks has a great breakfast!

Cletus' Chicken and Krusty Burger are typical theme park fast food. Just fine for what they are. It's been a few years since I've been in Mulligan's - back then they didn't serve food so I can't comment - I didn't know they started. Guess I'll check it out next time I'm there.

I can't stand butterbeer (I don't like butterscotch flavor) but Three Broomsticks does have drinks other than that - I really enjoyed the lemonade. They just don't have soda. I give another thumbs-up for 3B - fantastic food that isn't just the usual. Their fish and chips are pretty awesome and I want to try the cheese toastie in May.

We ate at Three Broomsticks in January. I was not impressed with the food, and the prices seemed very high. They did not have soft drinks (my husband thought he read that JK Rowling didn’t allow it in the land to be true to the theme?), but there is an attached bar. We tried Butterbeer and thought it was way too sweet. We did purchase some fruit from a vendor cart outside 3B and it was fine.

I like Karl Strauss brewing company mainly because of their beer but the food is good also. Samba Brazilian steak house is good but $$$$ (last time it was 60 a head plus drinks ).
as others have pointed out the chain restaurants are what they are, at least you know what to expect.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else, Three Broomsticks is the only place we eat inside the park, and Karl Straus and Samba are also our choices if we're eating in CityWalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!