Universal Studios Hollywood - Jurassic World

Sjwillia

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know or have rumors of when this new ride will open in Universal Studios Hollywood? Last I checked the website it was just summer 2019. I have a day planned for August 2nd and wondering if I should include it in my plans.

It should be open by August 2nd. Rumors are that soft opening should be happing late May early June with an official opening mid June.

I was at the park Saturday and the ride was testing. They are putting the finishing touches on the ride.

I called them today. All they'll say is "this summer". No hard or even soft dates. Bummer. I'm there June 3rd. Pretty sure that means we won't be seeing it without a soft opening.

I'm crossing my fingers for a soft opening in late May. I'm chaperoning a bunch of 18-year-olds on grad nite and would love to see it. I don't expect it to open until late June at the earliest based on what one of my passholder friends says, but sometimes Universal can surprise you. The ride looks like it's almost done so if it passes inspections and everything, I can't picture them holding off. With crowds starting on Memorial Day for summer, that ride space will be essential to avoiding even longer waits for other rides.

Summer.

I was at the park Saturday and the ride was testing. They are putting the finishing touches on the ride.

Hmm. I was there this Saturday and there wasn’t water at the end, and the entrance area was still ripped up. My son and I went between the upper and lower lot three times that day and had a lot of time to peer down.

The rumor I heard was end on June. Friday 21st at the earliest.

I wanted to update...I was there Friday night. There was a lot of rock work and concrete left to finish in the queue area. I am thinking there may have been a construction delay with the rain or something. No pictures since I was there in the dark, but there's still a lot of work to do, so I'm not sure even June is feasible at this point. They'd have to get a lot done in a very quick amount of time. Maybe they'll surprise us though.

I was there Monday and Tuesday. Looking to the queue area, it didn't look close. I was bummed because it would've been nice to have another ride that is NOT a simulator. Something that didn't make me want to toss my cookies.

Ha, I came to this board to ask if anyone had heard anything. This must be behind if they haven’t even said a date yet.... we’ll be there for a Sunday in early August. Do you think the opening will make the crowds crazy? Or is that just for brand new rides that usually do that?

Nothing. Clearly not this (or next) week.
Do you think the opening will make the crowds crazy? Or is that just for brand new rides that usually do that?
I doubt August crowds will be affected at all. This is just a simple overlay.

Nothing. Clearly not this (or next) week.

I doubt August crowds will be affected at all. This is just a simple overlay.
I think this will be more than a "simple" overlay, but you're correct in that the ride track hasn't been majorly changed. I do suspect the whole area before the main lift hill has been revamped and the interior of that lift hill will have been changed, possibly to go by a fake tank that has that big aquatic dinosaur featured in Jurassic World. The ride has now been down for almost a year, so I should hope it looks amazing and has big changes (other than track).

(To note, I wish they had just refreshed the original and not changed it to Jurassic World, but I at least hope it's an awesome change)

I saw an article that they're soft opening the mini-land area around the ride including the new bar area that's serving tropical alcoholic beverages and the new overlay/cuisine for the restaurant, just not the ride yet. So, it may open soon...

We were there June 12. We asked several employees about the ride and they all either had heard absolutely nothing about an estimated date but were hoping it would be soon, or said that they heard the ride wasn't ready and they did not have a date yet, but that they were shooting to have it open by or before July 4, and that they were hoping it would be in July and if things didn't go well it might be August, but it definitely wouldn't be June. I saw they started soft openings in the area around the ride 2 days ago- but nothing on the ride itself yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!