Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Tour?

DomTheHodge

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this, I've done most of the Disneyworld + Disneyland tours so I'm interested in it (and the front of the queue jump is a bonus). Is it worth the extra $$$

Sorry, I don't have experience to share. I just wanted to point out that the VIP tour will have a mix of people on it. Whereas Disneyland will only be whoever you make the reservation for, the USH tour will have as many people as they can fit on the tour that sign up. They take a majority vote for things that they do.

The tour sounded fantastic to me until I read that part about others being in my group. If you like the idea of seeing everything, you'll probably love the tour. I don't like motion simulator rides and that is the majority of the park. I wouldn't mind paying and then sitting out for a couple things, but if the group I'm with loves motion simulator rides, I'll be sitting out on most everything and then it becomes a waste of time and money. Other than that one issue, I think the VIP tour would be the best way to go for a one day visit.

We are doing this tour in two weeks and I have read so much GREAT stuff on it....may people have told me it is a must do so we went with it. You have your own Front of the Line pass after the tour is over as well so you can continue to ride what you like.

We are doing this tour in two weeks and I have read so much GREAT stuff on it....may people have told me it is a must do so we went with it. You have your own Front of the Line pass after the tour is over as well so you can continue to ride what you like.

Please let me know once you've done it :)

I've seen people on it, usually only 2 or 3 people. Given the fact its such a small group ots probanly worth it. I am curious to know what the upscale meals are.

My family went on this tour 3 years ago and had a great time. We are heading out to CA again this summer and they want to go again. There was a very nice breakfast area but we got there late due to traffic and only had time for a few bites before going on our tour. We were given a smal little pack that included sunscreen, a very thin rain poncho and mints. The guide also had water bottles for everyone. The tour itself was vey interesting . I remember we went on a few of the rides and went to the front of the "front of the line". Rides included jurassic park and minion mayhem. The tram part is similar to what regular guests see but we got off the trams a few times. We went into the prop department, we're able to get out at the war of the world plane crash scene and also an area where the filmed a scene from the original pirates of the Caribbean. Lunch was fantastic. It was a buffet styles with lots of salads, carving station and me favorite fresh made crepes with chocolate sauce. After lunch we saw waterworld. Our tour guide gave us so much info the whole time. We also spent time at a small museum that the have. After the tour we could go on rides as regolar front of the line. The tour also included valet parking. We really enjoyed our tour

Forgot to say we were on a tram with about 12 to 15 people. Only downside was that we were the last on the tram and our seats had a somewhat obstructed view.

My fiancée and I did the VIP last August and we're making an impromptu trip out to SoCal again in a couple weeks. We've deiced to do VIP again. You really do see a lot of behind the scene things that you wouldn't otherwise get to explore on the regular studio tour. Our group was about 6-8 people. When boarding the trolley, another group joined in with us. It was nice being able to ask questions and the guides would answer/provide input. We were able to walk around the crash site from War of the Worlds, the Courthouse Square, and Little Europe and also went into the prop rental warehouse. After the studio tour bit, we went back to our smaller group and we rode all of the big rides, front of the line. The guide would explain the ride, and you could opt not to join. He would also hold all of your bags, which was nice. We ended up seeing the special effects show as a group. Somewhere in there we broke for lunch which was a very nice buffet. Once your tour is over (about 6 hours), you're free to go on your own. You still have your unlimited front of the line privileges, but by then you'll have probably ridden all of the good stuff, so you could use your time to hit up shows or re-ride some favorites.

My recommendation is that if you do end up doing it, you may as well get your monies worth and schedule it for as early as you can. The first tour is at 7AM and they want you there at least 20 minutes ahead of time to check-in, and make sure your group is all there. Plus you'll want time to enjoy the breakfast spread. I know 7 AM isn't very appetizing if you're on vacation, but we're early birds, so it works for us.

Hi we just got back from So Cal and did the tour. I had read so much online positive about it which is a rarity to find all positive on something! So I eagerly booked the trip and was thinking it would be a highlight. It was exactly as described but I guess I had it built up to be more. The rides are underwhelming if you have visited this park in Florida. Cali land much more limited so duplicate rides between the same parks are shorter in so Cal. There are not many there at all....The food was outstanding, the tour guide was great but having visited Orlando several times this park was disappointing. The movie studio tour was great, we enjoyed that very much. Was it worth the price tag? I don't think so. Was it fun? Sure...but after 14 days in So Cal other things we did ranked higher above it....Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter