Universal Studios - single rider, fast pass, front of line

allthenamesaretaken

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I'm trying to fit Warner Bros Studio Tour and Universal Studios in the same day.
I'm by myself so I only need to worry about what I want to do :)

Warner Bros Studio Studio Tour at 8am.
Universal Studios from about 11.30am/Noon til I'm finished or closing at 10pm.

Does Universal Studios have single rider queues? Does it have separate fast pass systems for select rides?
Or would I need to buy a Front of Line ticket to get these things (it would jump my ticket price from $116 to $254!)?
Will crowds be bad on Friday in July? Would a Thursday be much better? Or not make much difference?

I'm mainly interested in Harry Potter, Jurassic Park and the Studio Tour.
I'd then do Revenge of the Mummy, and maybe try a 3D ride (been put off 3D since Star Tours at DL Paris- really bad motion sickness).

Attractions with the Single Rider Line:
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
  • Jurassic Park - The Ride.
  • Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride.
  • Transformers: The Ride 3D.

If you want to go front of line, you need to get the front of line add on. There is no separate fastpass like system. Also note front of line is just once per attraction. Only way to ride an attraction multiple times front of line is via the VIP tour.

During summer, it should be busy and hot most days.

Note that most all rides are simulators even the studio tour itself has them.

The single rider line can get long too on busy days but can save you time. Note that the Harry Potter single rider line skips all the neat stuff in the castle, front of line does not skip.

The best time to be in park in terms of crowds is early morning, which it looks like you will miss. Early evening and late night is good too.

Last edited:
No FP at USH, you'd have to buy FOTL. SR is available for HP, Jurassic Park and Mummy. But for HP you skip most of the themed queue with SR, so after you've ridden once, it's worth going through again to see everything. What are the hours for Thurs and Fri? If it opens later on Thurs, then you're missing less park time by doing WB first.

I think it depends on how many rides you really want to ride. The front of the line thing was pretty awesome. I don't know if it was "worth it" but that way I got to ride a lot more- I would have given a lot of the simulators a pass otherwise. I got probably as much done with it in a half day that I would have gotten done in a full day without it.

But generally the ones I actually would have ridden twice, single rider was just as fast. And there wasn't anything I would have missed without it- I just wouldn't have ridden HP multiple times.

As mentioned, don't skip the HP queue. I think I liked that more than the ride itself!

I think you would be fine doing single rider with 10 hours in the park on a weekday. Early morning is least crowded but it tends to clear out at night too.

Thanks for the advice.
I'm going to go on a Wednesday. Just buy normal Universal Studios ticket and use the single riders.
I'll definitely go through the HP queue :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!