Universal tshirts

Molokai Gram

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
Aloha,
You all know how I absolutely adore Universal and I am so reluctant to do this, but I do have a definite complaint.
I don't know if it is just my bad luck, but the souvenir tshirts I bought at Universal were all poorly made! Even the kids ones! I spent about $20 on the boys tie-dyed tshirts of the Hulk and Wolverine and the shoulder seams split with the first wash!!!! And DH shirt seam opened too! I was very disappointed, especially since I am not much of a mender. :(
And the Kong tshirt for the boys lost all shape and streched out when washed!!! Really poor quality and not acceptable considering the cost. :mad:
Have to admit, Disney tshirts are much much better. Heck, Molokai island souvenir tshirts are even better.
has anyone else had this problem? Or did I just pick lemons?
Donna

I have to agree with this. I had a Dudley Do-Right and Grimmy shirt. These shirts stretched out with the necks and such. My DD and MIB faired ok, but were certainly not top quality. The first MIB shirt I had was the only one available during soft opening. It had the MIB letters in silver. Well, after one wash the silver lettering washed off. I exchanged it, and the second one did this to. So, by this time other shirts were available and I just exchanged it for a different shirt.

Like washing the shirts against volcanic rocks didn't have anything to do with it? :jester:

I have alot of shirts from both parks as well as my kids and i havent had any problems at all. Both parks have IMHO very good quality t-shirts/sweat shirts.

all the tshirts i buy at universal shrink a whole lot, but all tshirts do that. next time i go ill buy 1 size bigger. i havn't had any problems with tearing thoug.

Hmmmm, it could also be that Earl palms off the poor quality shirts on Hawaiians because he realizes we are too far away to be able to exchange the shirts :confused: I am convinced he found a working web cam so he could track us around the parks and slip us the rejects. He probably thinks we still go topless here! :eek:
Aloha Earl, long time no see! :wave:

You mean you don't? OK let's put the good shirts back out, the plot has failed!

Hi MG!
Now, the sweatshirts are of very good construction. Only problem, you don't have a need for such an animal! Tough life there in Hawaii, huh?!
Jim

Didn't you see the sign? It said, "This rack is for guests from Hawaii." Now the bad t-shirts will end up in the Universal Outlet in Belz or on Earl's Christmas gift list. :)

Aloha Donna. :sunny:

You have me a little worried. :eek: A 'friend' of mine (someone very close to us here on this particular board :D ) gave me a t-shirt from IOA. :eek: I haven't washed it yet. Maybe I shouldn't! :rolleyes: ;)

Hey Friend! If my new t-shirt falls apart, can I send it back to you, C.O.D., for an exchange???? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter