Universal will reopen June 5th!

Yay!! Still needs to go through one more approval, but signs are good! I was not able to watch, any mention of capacity control beyond the first four days?

I have a 6/8-12 reservation at Royal Pacific, not sure if I want to go if Disney isn’t also open. It’s a loooong drive from Baton Rouge.

We have a 7/29 - 8/5 at Royal Pacific. Waiting to see if the mask requirement and virtual ques are dropped by then before canceling.

Last edited:

We have a 7/29 - 9/4 at Royal Pacific. Waiting to see if the mask requirement and virtual ques are dropped by then before canceling.
Same. We had a reservation for June 5th and one for the end of July. Holding on to the July one for now and cancelling for June. This will be interesting to see how this plays out. Unless they change the mask requirement we won’t be going. I’m okay with all the other restrictions.

I’m sure there will be changes and adjustments after June.

It was said masks are required and if a person does not have one, they will be issued the one time use mask to enter the park.
No charge for the mask.

I can see this as an okay measure for the first few months.
Changes will happen later if all goes smooth that first month.

I’m sure there will be changes and adjustments after June.

It was said masks are required and if a person does not have one, they will be issued the one time use mask to enter the park.
No charge for the mask.

I can see this as an okay measure for the first few months.
Changes will happen later if all goes smooth that first month.
Hopefully sooner then later.. I was so disappointed to cancel for June but I can only envision the first few weeks being utter chaos. Hoping things are better by July.

Any word on capacity limits or preference for onsite guests? Trying to decide on-site or offsite.

So help an old lady out here. I have reservations at the Royal Pacific hotel from 6/16 to 6/21 taking my granddaughter who is 12. If we get to go...what the heck is a virtual queue?

I saw this tweet as a reply to someone asking about resorts. Copy & Paste from UO Resorts official Twitter.

Universal Orlando hotels are an important part of the guest experience. Plans are being formulated and details will be shared soon. Guests with reservations will be contacted as soon as plans are available.

So help an old lady out here. I have reservations at the Royal Pacific hotel from 6/16 to 6/21 taking my granddaughter who is 12. If we get to go...what the heck is a virtual queue?
It’s where you reserve a time to go. You can do it on your phone or walk up and have them give you a time to come back. When you come back at the reserved time you get right on. If you’re familiar with Disney fast pass it’s similar to that :)

So I just cancelled a 5 day reservation for 3 at Hard Rock and a 3 park pass, including U. Express for June 21-26 - All in with the food ( and we usually eat at nicer places) - its over $5K I wont be spending there this year or in the Orlando area. We were coming from Ohio - But i will not wear masks in 90 degree heat nor will my family - its not that we are militant freedom fighters, we just cant breathe with them and we are in very good physical shape. Sad that they feel having a unwashed piece of germ-laden cloth that is constantly being touched and spreading germs attached to guests face is a good thing. its too bad.

It’s where you reserve a time to go. You can do it on your phone or walk up and have them give you a time to come back. When you come back at the reserved time you get right on. If you’re familiar with Disney fast pass it’s similar to that :)

Ok - someone please correct me if I am wrong , but isn't the virtual queue what was being used at ROTR in DHS, and not a FP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!