Universal will reopen June 5th!

You must wear a mask on the bus and when visiting the gift shops. Other than that it's encourage that you wear it when walking to the restaurants or bars, it is NOT ALLOWED in the eave pools or slides
To order food you go to the quick service, they seat you and you mobile order from the table, they bring the food to you. If you can't mobile order you just order at the podium

I`m another who`d also like to thank you for all the fabulous detailed information you`ve shared over this past week or so.

It`s very much appreciated the time you`ve taken to update everyone on your experiences......:thumbsup2

What’re the rules on eating? I assume they don’t want anyone walking around and eating/drinking. But you can sit somewhere and eat right? I don’t want to have to trek to a designated no-mask zone to sit and eat my packed lunch.

There was a group of teenager/young 20s behind us in line at Hulk. They had 1 drink between the 5 of them but all kept their masks down the entire time so they could talk. Of all the places to not be wearing one, in an enclosed space like that was the worst one. I kept hoping a TM would see them and say something but it wasn't until we were nearly onboard that they were told to put the masks on. They were the only ones I saw all day blatantly breaking/abusing the rules. I'm pretty sure they thought they had "found a loophole." The worst part was with their masks off it didn't drown out their annoying drama. That is one awesome benefit of the masks. People's conversations are muffled so you can't hear people talking behind you in line.

You must wear a mask on the bus and when visiting the gift shops. Other than that it's encourage that you wear it when walking to the restaurants or bars, it is NOT ALLOWED in the eave pools or slides
To order food you go to the quick service, they seat you and you mobile order from the table, they bring the food to you. If you can't mobile order you just order at the podium

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not (probably so, but I know the water rides are not people's first choice a lot of the time) but on Rip Saw Falls they actually tell you to take off your mask for the ride. Not sure about Jurassic Park or Blutos.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not (probably so, but I know the water rides are not people's first choice a lot of the time) but on Rip Saw Falls they actually tell you to take off your mask for the ride. Not sure about Jurassic Park or Blutos.
yes that was posted on the Universal Know before you go guidelines. Any attraction that gets you wet you have to take them off

The parks have a couple designated areas where it’s mask free

You can sit there and chill without a mask on.

Maybe those “U” areas allow food and drink to be brought in?
BUT - here's the big question - what are the smoking policies at Universal? I don't know because I haven't been since 1994 but I'm considering going now. I would rather wear a hot mask and starve to death than sit around a bunch of people smoking.

BUT - here's the big question - what are the smoking policies at Universal? I don't know because I haven't been since 1994 but I'm considering going now. I would rather wear a hot mask and starve to death than sit around a bunch of people smoking.
So there are two mask free places in studios and one in IOA if I recall correctly.
I'm pretty sure the existing smoking areas are still there and separate from this area.
RixFlix did a couple of youtube videos that cover it pretty well. He was there on three days this week and covered a lot.
I dont see them forcing folks into area with smokers - that would not go over well

There are designated smoking areas. A lot of them. Some are not in hidden spots. One is in the garden area past Jimmy which I’ve always been irritated by- it’s so pretty and I’d love to chill in that area. Not everyone follows the rules set up for guests health either, especially those smoking e-cigarettes. But I don’t know if the areas have changed now. I really hope the smoking areas are separate from the mask-free areas.

Oh - excellent point. I'd hate to get to take my mask off and have to sit in smoking section.
We have a reservation in October, I think we may postpone it if masks are still required then though.
Thank you to everyone for sharing their recent and upcoming experiences at Universal, it's been very helpful and interesting to read.

So Ive literally seen articles saying the park was empty and others saying it was packed with social distancing becoming hard in places. Which is true?

The busiest day was June 3. Yesterday was the least busiest of the first three days. Today is even less busy because of the rain all day.

I couldn't find it on the Universal app, it's on the website though

Finnegans (Uni): https://www.zomatobook.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=EGPOTKPVI
Mythos (IOA): https://www.nextable.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=O7S175ASN
Confisco (IOA): https://www.zomatobook.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=1M69HPY6D
Lombards (Uni): https://www.zomatobook.com/widget/uoreservation.aspx?id=407W27FY1

This is probably something they need to add to the app more directly.
Thank you ! I started book marking them on the website . These links are fantastic!

So Ive literally seen articles saying the park was empty and others saying it was packed with social distancing becoming hard in places. Which is true?
I've watched a fair number of vloggers and it seem it was relatively busy on the pass holder preview days.
The first public day looked pretty bad weather wise.
The first week will attract a log of vloggers as well and people who want to check it out and report on it.
I think we will have a better idea of how it works and flows in about a week once the initial rush is over.

It does seem that the rides have long wait times because of the reduced capacity and the virtual queue seems to be buggy.
Looking at the wait times right now they look pretty decent. but the weather report looks mixed - so again hard to tell

Overall from what I saw streamed it seemed like regular days walking around - nothing crazy though.

yes that was posted on the Universal Know before you go guidelines. Any attraction that gets you wet you have to take them off

Does anyone know if there a scientific reason behind this? Or they just figure it’s better if people don’t have to walk around with wet masks? Is having a wet mask dangerous I guess it what I’m asking and haven’t been able to find an answer to.

Does anyone know if there a scientific reason behind this? Or they just figure it’s better if people don’t have to walk around with wet masks? Is having a wet mask dangerous I guess it what I’m asking and haven’t been able to find an answer to.
It’s pretty difficult to breath in a wet mask.

Mask are ineffective when wet.

I watched Craig's walk through of Universal. Looks like things are coming together pretty good.

So there are two mask free places in studios and one in IOA if I recall correctly.
I'm pretty sure the existing smoking areas are still there and separate from this area.
RixFlix did a couple of youtube videos that cover it pretty well. He was there on three days this week and covered a lot.
I dont see them forcing folks into area with smokers - that would not go over well

There are two rest areas in Islands, one at the end of point of entry across from Starbucks, and another behind the mystic fountain in Lost Continent (Sindbad theater)

I've seen a few articles in the media talking about how low the attendance was at Universal the first two days...failing to mention the weather till you get several paragraphs in...and insinuating it's because Disney is closed.

Considering they expect the majority of business to be locals I dont see Disney having much of an affect on Universal.
I know a lot of folks on this board want to travel to Universal, but I don't think the general public is as comfortable with that idea yet...folks at work think I'm crazy even considering it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter