Universal--Wizarding World?

NorthernCalMom

Compulsive Touring Planner
Another Universal newbie here. When I read about the Wizarding World of HP, I read something about timed reentry tickets. I couldn't find anything about it on their official website, though. Do they still reach capacity on some days, and is this going on?

I think that was only in Florida when it first opened there. They did have the machines installed in Hollywood but as far as I know they have never been used.

sheetz is correct. When WWoHP opened the machines were installed. They were used on opening day (someone even put an opening day timed ticket on eBay asking several thousand dollars) but never again. They were removed in October of 2016. That's why you don't see any mention on the website.

The timed entry tickets/machines were used sporadically during the soft-open period and on a handful of days after officially opening. They've since been removed from the park and you can enter and exit the Wizarding World as you please throughout the day.

One thing to keep in mind is since the Wizarding World has opened, Universal has reached park capacity on few days. So arrive early to guarantee that you can enter the park.

I bet they're going to wish that they kept those machines when this Christmas at Hogwarts thing they've been teasing finally happens. Especially if they keep the neighbor pass, it seems like a popular winter break purchase.

This summer they weren't needed. That first light show always gets very crowded but not so much as to need timed entry. Even on the days this summer when park capacity (twice) the timed entry machines weren't needed. But maybe you're right, SMD and they will regret removing them this Christmas.

It hasn't been too bad lately even with the new light show, and our SoCal passes are blocked for all of Christmas break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!