Unlimited Express Pass or Express Pass?

Where can I find out if the parks have early admission on August 20 for onsite guests?

This idea seems too good to be true!

Not too good to be true......

It actually is a fabulous perk :thumbsup2

What time would you suggest getting to the hotel to “check in” to do that we can get to the park around 8/820ish for early admission?
**How do you get from royal pacific to IOA? (I believe that’s the park that has early entry that day)?

There's a water taxi to IOA but Royal Pacific is right next to IOA. I'm pretty sure the walk is supposed to be 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for all the replies. We’ll be there August 20. We cannot stay at universal bc we will be staying at WDW. We are visiting Universal (both parks) for one day in the middle of our vacation.

Any other opinions on whether or not express unlimited is worth the extra $85? We are not huge fans of live action shows - not sure if we’ll attend those.

Lol. That may be the day my dd and I go as well.

Am I reading it right - in order to purchase tickets, you have to give them the date ahead of time? We would likely pick our day based on weather once there, so that's a disappointment. For two - the EP was over $500. But to stay at a premium hotel was almost 2x that. Ugh. But it's our last trip together in a long time, most likely, so we are going to splurge some.

Just checked it out. To stay one first night at the Pacific hotel and do one day-two park tickets costs only about $20 more than the tickets with EP. That's for two, so if you had a larger family, it would be a great savings!

Last edited:

Where can I find out if the parks have early admission on August 20 for onsite guests?

This idea seems too good to be true!

I know you said you were only going one day, but just in case you decide to go two -the hotel unlimited EP is good for both check in AND check out day. So you get 2 days of EP for 1 night....it does start to looking pretty tempting at the Darkside doesn’t it?

I have only been to Universal once but I do have what I think is a good piece of advice.

Since the Harry Potter stuff is so important to you, I assume you will want to spend a lot of time there. The Harry Potter stuff is split between the two parks, which means you have to either take a long walk or ride the Hogwarts Express. Hogwarts Express is a really neat way to get from park to park but it IS considered an attraction so it has an Express line. If you don't have the Unlimited Express Pass then you can only do that once without a really long wait. The wait can be VERY long for that attraction since people want to experience it and use it to get across to the other park. I suggest Unlimited if you think you may want to go back and forth between the Harry Potter areas more than once. You never know what you may want to go back to see or do one more time.

The hotel room idea sounds like a steal for your situation.

Let’s say we do book a room at royal pacific and check in early (prior to park opening). Maybe we head to the room middday (3pm) to take a short break. Head back to the park in the evening, and then go back to WDW at night. How do we do check out? Is there any need to check out at the front desk? Just curious... thanks!!

What time would you suggest getting to the hotel to “check in” to do that we can get to the park around 8/820ish for early admission?
**How do you get from royal pacific to IOA? (I believe that’s the park that has early entry that day)?

Drive or taxi or rideshare to RPR from WDW. If you have your own car you'll just park there for the day. Check in, get roomkeys (which is your EP), watertaxi or walk on over to the park. Full guest privileges, so heading back to swim or nap or whatever is totally allowable. I have never once done a checkout process at Uni. And you could also just sleep there if you wanted; Disney doesn't really care if you sleep in their rooms. If you have your own car you'll be charged to park at the hotel at midnight, so you'll just have that one parking charge.

Book one of the three ( hrh, rph, PBH)
for a one night only room

Pay the one night deposit which is required at time of booking

When you check into the hotel you will be asked if you want to use that cc for any charges

Tell the TM you do not want charge back privileges to your room

This way no charges will be on your room stay

No need to return to the hotel for check out

Some do tell the TM when they check in they will not be using the room at all

Yep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter