Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

RANDOMS

-I'm gone for a few weeks, and suddenly there are ads showing up in the threads? I thought being logged in prevented those?

-Didn't get an FOP fastpass for my April trip. Pretty bummed, but got everything else I wanted, so may just do the whole "get in line right before closing" strategy and hope for a 30-minute wait.

-Also, Jiko.

-I've got the travel bug. Cali last summer, WDW this spring, plus a beach trip, but I've got my eye on an East Coast swing this summer, and maybe Iceland in 2019. EEEEK.

-A rainy Friday night....perfect for slumming it on the couch and watching/live-tweeting "Live PD".

-Didn't get an FOP fastpass for my April trip. Pretty bummed, but got everything else I wanted, so may just do the whole "get in line right before closing" strategy and hope for a 30-minute wait.
Keep checking they will release some later usually. AK also extended hours in March so that opened up more times so keep an eye on that.

Pardon my ignorance, but don't I have to drop my It's A Small Na'avi World FP before I can even see whether an FOP fastpass is available, since they're in the same tier? It struck me that way on the app the other day.

Pardon my ignorance, but don't I have to drop my It's A Small Na'avi World FP before I can even see whether an FOP fastpass is available, since they're in the same tier? It struck me that way on the app the other day.
You can look and see if one is available before dropping it for sure. You go in select modify and don't go through with it if there isn't one available.

I'm so sick of Girl Scout cookies - I'm one of the leaders of my daughter's troop and we've done a lot of cookie booths in the last month. This weekend we had two - one on Saturday and one on Sunday. It's amazingly tiring just standing outside while the girls sell cookies. Especially in the rain on Sunday.

One more booth this weekend and we are dooooone!

I'm so sick of Girl Scout cookies - I'm one of the leaders of my daughter's troop and we've done a lot of cookie booths in the last month. This weekend we had two - one on Saturday and one on Sunday. It's amazingly tiring just standing outside while the girls sell cookies. Especially in the rain on Sunday.

One more booth this weekend and we are dooooone!
Ohhh....I've only seen one booth where I am. Couldn't get all of my fix there either. I was lamenting - no one brought an order form to work for me to put in my yearly order!

I do love Caramel DeLites! But I'm ready to have my weekends back. The cookie booths are 3 hours long so it's a bit of a time suck on the weekends.

Honestly do clothes just multiply? I did some of the boy's laundry yesterday, and did the rest today. I'm putting their clothes away and I find MORE clothes in their room, under my couch,and under MY bed! What the heck?????:crazy2:

Hey gang, I have a random question. I've never left a park for lunch(and returned to that same park).

Thinking of leaving MK to hit up Captain Cook's at the Poly for lunch. For those of you who have done that, how much time would you allow for that round-trip, meal included? If the meal takes, let's say, 30 minutes, do you think an hour round-trip sounds about right?

Hey gang, I have a random question. I've never left a park for lunch(and returned to that same park).

Thinking of leaving MK to hit up Captain Cook's at the Poly for lunch. For those of you who have done that, how much time would you allow for that round-trip, meal included? If the meal takes, let's say, 30 minutes, do you think an hour round-trip sounds about right?
Maybe a bit more. It depends on how good your timing is when you get to the monorail station. You could get there just as a train is pulling up or you could arrive just as one is leaving and have to wait several minutes for the next one. Same on the way back. Plus you need to do the security screen when you leave the Poly. Plus lunch time at Captain Cook's could be busy.

Maybe a bit more. It depends on how good your timing is when you get to the monorail station. You could get there just as a train is pulling up or you could arrive just as one is leaving and have to wait several minutes for the next one. Same on the way back. Plus you need to do the security screen when you leave the Poly. Plus lunch time at Captain Cook's could be busy.
Personally - I used to set aside at least 2 hours for meals on the monorail loop/return to MK. Just in case. Just like I used to allocate a minimum of 1.5 hours to get "to and from" my resort on property to anywhere on property using Disney transportation. But I'm always early, and a worry wort. :)

Personally - I used to set aside at least 2 hours for meals on the monorail loop/return to MK.
I think that's a much safer figure than 1 hour. You could exit MK and find the monorail is down (happens a lot lately) and you need to take a boat instead. Or you could be on the monorail and it could stop for several minutes for clearance. An hour would be cutting it really close and have you rushing through your meal.

My poor husband. He was so hoping he would be snowed in this morning. Alas he had to go to work. :charac2: It started snowing on his drive home. Depending on which weather app you look at we are getting between 6"-1' of snow this weekend. We usually get 2"-4" a year, so very excited. :teeth:

Congrats to Coco (and Disney/Pixar), for winning Best Animated Feature. Also congrats to the songwriters for Song of the Year form Coco, "Remember Me".

I personally bawled like a baby (as I do every time I hear it) at the KILLER performance of "This is Me" from Greatest Showman by Keala Settle. I usually don't watch the Oscars, but did this year, just to see this song performed.

Hope everybody else that watched enjoyed as well.

No, Llama - You are EXACTLY right - that is one of the main reasons I stopped watching most awards shows a long time ago. Sad to be made to feel like that, I think. And last night I had only seen 2 of the films up for anything anyway (Coco and Showman). Believe me - I made LIBERAL use of the "mute" button, and did other things to amuse myself during the show, especially since "This is Me" was the LAST of the songs performed, so had to watch MOST of the show to catch it. Was actually DVR'ing it, was going to fast forward to watch just that, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Last edited:
Anyone else get anxiety helping family and friends with trips but not when planning your own trips? In 2018, three siblings are doing Disney, the first went off perfectly and they had a completely magical time. Today I have another family, with completely different priorities and travel style, this one little girls on their first Disney trip to Disneyland, little girls who live, eat and chatter about princesses. They planned several things based on my recommendations, and holy bananas as I was driving to work today along the snowy roads I was so nervous as I watched the car radio tick down to rope drop. They have a daily plan, with a handful of must dos and plenty of time to wander and explore, fun things to do in line, a hotel that's perfect for resort breaks for little ones but...ugh, you never know.
I will be checking the app all day. I am going to age 5 years from stress before this week is over. :sad2: I do not envy travel agents.

I didn't watch the Oscars but congrats to Coco!

We had a variety show at my church last night as a fundraiser for our youth group.

And I just saw Black Panther for the 3rd time today :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter