Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Was there a race at Pimlico yesterday? I couldn't see through the fog. I think this sets up a good showdown at the Belmont. I know there are a lot of horses that did not partake yesterday and are getting primed for the 12 furlongs of Belmont.

I never seen such an emotional interview (if you can all it that) than what Pippa Mann did yesterday. She couldn't make the Indy 500 and I felt every gasp/tear for her and the team; I was on the grid with her at St. Pete and she has true talent, but not $$$. It is a tough watch, but if you want.....

@hertamaniac - Congrats on the win with Justify yesterday! I didn't watch, but read that Good Magic (one of my picks) was neck and neck for a long time, but ended up coming in 4th, with Lone Sailor (my other pick) coming in 5th. Good thing I didn't have any money on either. :) Also did not win the huge PowerBall last night, even though the ticket WAS sold in Joisey, it as NOT to me! :)

Made it to MK today for a little getaway. Weather cooperated all day and only poncho'd it on Splash. Haunted Mansion was shut down almost all morning and into the afternoon, but alas it opened during my FP window! Looked at Tom Sawyer Island and wish the eatery was back open!

@SorcererHeidi - thought of you today.

IMG_20180521_103605_032.jpg

First time ever we received Disney Magic. Went to Toy Story Mania and things did not go as planned. We got separated, some got out of line for bathroom breaks, it was a bit of a mess. It was close to closing time, so we voted to try again as a family. My dad told the cast member and he put us through the fast pass line! All 7 of us!!!!! pixiedust: I got to ride with my oldest, my youngest got to play, and my dad got to play ALONE! :lmao: It was a very magical memory! :cloud9:

Back safely. We had an amazing time. Sadly l lost my voice yesterday. Didn't get to scream on Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. Took my 9 year old on Splash Mountain. I don't think I am forgiven yet! :lmao:

Back safely. We had an amazing time. Sadly l lost my voice yesterday. Didn't get to scream on Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. Took my 9 year old on Splash Mountain. I don't think I am forgiven yet! :lmao:
Glad you are back safely! Sorry you lost your voice. I hope it comes back soon. Taking your son on Splash reminded me of the time when my friend came down to drive back with me from my cp program and she was afraid to go on Splash. We were waiting in the Splash line and it was really long. After a while I got tired of waiting and we decided we wouldn't ride. Thing is a cast member saw us leaving and asked why. She told us to go up to the exit and they would let us on. My friend had thought she had escaped the ride but I was like this never happens we must go on. Lol.... She was scared the whole time but I did buy her the t-shirt for the ride.:Do_O

Glad you are back safely! Sorry you lost your voice. I hope it comes back soon. Taking your son on Splash reminded me of the time when my friend came down to drive back with me from my cp program and she was afraid to go on Splash. We were waiting in the Splash line and it was really long. After a while I got tired of waiting and we decided we wouldn't ride. Thing is a cast member saw us leaving and asked why. She told us to go up to the exit and they would let us on. My friend had thought she had escaped the ride but I was like this never happens we must go on. Lol.... She was scared the whole time but I did buy her the t-shirt for the ride.:Do_O
I bought him a cupcake, dinner at Rancho del Zacolo and got fast passes to Star Tours.

Doing the cookout today because tomorrow's forecast doesn't look good. But, what matters for tomorrow is the Indy 500. I hope it doesn't rain at the speedway and can get a full and safe race in. Last year, Scott Dixon had one of the worst crashes I've seen in recent years.

I recently found a Thai restaurant close by. It's been there for decades, yet somehow with strip mall mania, I missed it. When I traveled for a living, I'd always search for a local Thai eatery; I found some gems and others, well, were losers.

Doing the cookout today because tomorrow's forecast doesn't look good. But, what matters for tomorrow is the Indy 500. I hope it doesn't rain at the speedway and can get a full and safe race in. Last year, Scott Dixon had one of the worst crashes I've seen in recent years.

I recently found a Thai restaurant close by. It's been there for decades, yet somehow with strip mall mania, I missed it. When I traveled for a living, I'd always search for a local Thai eatery; I found some gems and others, well, were losers.
@hertamaniac - Hope you have a wonderful BBQ, and enjoy Indy tomorrow, and the Thai food!

@hertamaniac - Hope you have a wonderful BBQ, and enjoy Indy tomorrow, and the Thai food!

@SorcererHeidi - Thank you! Unfortunately, I couldn't wait to try the Thai eatery and went today. I had steamed Tofu with red curry, and a rice paper vegetable roll, but I REALLY wanted a Thai iced tea; it is such a treat for me, BUT it is loaded with sugar and I severely limit my sugar intake (as I munched down on a piece of a Thai donut for dessert!). Now, can we squeeze in a BBQ with the storm bearing down on us.....

Prepare your pick(s) now for the Belmont. I don't think Justify can cover the distance and his narrow win at Pimlico gave me concern. I remember many years ago my friends and I would go to the Meadowlands to bet on the horses (and watched them live). Me, being a cheapskate, said I only bet on guarantees. One friend practically forced me to make all show bets (a top 3 finish) on every favorite on the program. He was right as I came home with $1.25 profit. :)

Wish you a safe and enjoyable holiday as well and please remember all our war-fighters/veterans.

It rained most of the weekend here in WNC but we did manage to go to the drive-in that's about an hour from our house. We saw Solo and then only stayed for part of Avengers. It was fun and my daughter won the Star Wars costume contest (mostly because she was the only kid). I got a prize pack for my Princess Leia costume too!

2ivnv5h.jpg

Decided to go see a movie on the spur of the moment the other day. Playing was Solo, Deadpool, and Avengers. I chose Book Club. :rotfl2:

The Star Wars/Marvel gods got their revenge - the ONLY movie out of the 4 playing UPSTAIRS (old theater, 2 LONG flights of stairs up!!!) was - guess which one? Guess who had to literally crawl up the carpeted stairs, 1 at a time, putting down here drink and pocketbook in between steps to grasp the hand rail with one hand, and cane with the other? Give you 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count. Was NOT pretty! :o

But - the up side - I can report - movie was HIGHLY enjoyable, I laughed pretty loudly, and I recommend (although it definitely is a bit risque for those more delicate than this grizzled ole girl!) :)

I know I've stated my adoration of The Greatest Showman here before, and I ended up buying the digital version on Amazon, so I could continue to enjoy it. Loving the music as much as I do, I also just bought LaLaLand (no - never saw it before now) and even though a TOTALLY different animal, I am also enjoying it immensely - watching it it bits and pieces. Have to look into Dear Even Hansen (spelling?) more closely, to see what I can find of that (won't pay B'way prices these days though, if that's the only vehicle right now).

Watching Big Hero 6 again, which I caught on the FreeForm Channel by flipping around. Nice serrendipity. Can't explain how much I love, and want to meet/hug Baymax, and I also VERY much want a personal health care companion!! :love:

ETA: FreeForm Channel just had commercial that the Disney Fairytale Weddings series starts June 11. DVR set here! :)

Last edited:
Watching Big Hero 6 again, which I caught on the FreeForm Channel by flipping around. Nice serrendipity. Can't explain how much I love, and want to meet/hug Baymax, and I also VERY much want a personal health care companion!! :love:

ETA: FreeForm Channel just had commercial that the Disney Fairytale Weddings series starts June 11. DVR set here! :)

Oh boo!! I missed Big Hero 6. I really regret not buying the DVD when it came out. I'm not sure how I didn't even hear about it when it came to theaters. I think I finally watched it 6 months after it came out. I usually collect the lithograph sets that come with the movie. I also missed ordering Bambi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!