Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

No trick or treaters here either. However, I did go to a town near me (used to live there) where the kids all come down the main street and trick or treat at the businesses downtown from 3-5, just to see all the costumes. Didn't even know who a lot of them were, but I saw a LOT of superheroes (Capt. America, Thor, Black Panther), Incredibles, Mickey and Minnie Mouses, and princesses. Also saw 2 of the REALLY tall, popular blow-up dinosaurs that loo REALLY hard to waddle in, but are incredibly cool/funny to see walking down the street. :) Glad I did it, it was fun.

Had a friend who went to the Greenwich Village, NY parade for the first time last years, and also did it this year. She had lots of fun, but said since it was such a nice day this year, there were a LOT more people, and it was kind of overwhelming.

Not sure if they still do it up in NJ, but as a youngster we would raid the local farmers corn fields and take some ears of corn for tic-tacking. It was risky endeavor as the farmers would have their salt guns to ward off the mischievous youth. I think at most I grabbed two or three ears of corn, but I seem to recall they had already fell off the stalk. I do remember shaving the kernels and loading up for October 31st. Then we would line up certain homes for "the attack". Ah....the memories. :)

Last edited:
Not sure if they still do it up in NJ, but as a youngster we would raid the local farmers corn fields and take some ears of corn for tic-tacking. It was risky endeavor as the farmers would have their salt guns to ward off the mischievous youth. I think at most I grabbed two or three ears of corn, but I seem to recall they had already fell off the stalk. I do remember shaving the kernels and loading up for October 31st. Then we would line up certain homes for "the attack". Ah....the memories. :)
Maybe in other parts of "The Garden State" than where I am (on the NJ side of the GWB), but the only corns around here are in Shop-Rite, or on people's feet! :)

So my office is being re-organized (the cubicals) and we found out last Wednesday that we are to have our desks boxed up by the end of this week so our cubes can be moved 2 feet forward. I learn today at lunchtime that everything should be boxed up by the C.O.B on Thursday and we are going to be located in a different area for 3 days to move back and unpack again.

This is becoming a hassle and the dust bunnies are flying around.

So my office is being re-organized (the cubicals) and we found out last Wednesday that we are to have our desks boxed up by the end of this week so our cubes can be moved 2 feet forward. I learn today at lunchtime that everything should be boxed up by the C.O.B on Thursday and we are going to be located in a different area for 3 days to move back and unpack again.

This is becoming a hassle and the dust bunnies are flying around.
@1Grumpy9 - Ugh! So sorry this is happening to you.l Hope it all goes smoother than you think.

Around my area, you don't dare risk doing that---good chance of being shot. Most farmland around us have ben mostly tobacco, canola, and soybeans. Cotton farming has not been as much as in the past.

We had another interesting trip to the store. DH was driving and was telling me it seems darker than usual and then says that he has been good lately (watching speed). Well, as soon as he said that he was good...flashing lights appeared. He pulled over and the officer told us that the headlight was out. He gave dh a warning and told us to get it fix asap. Well, we were like a minute away from the store and laughed at the timing.

DH had a good "first day" at work. It was more like welcome home, but not quite that yet as he is a contractor.

Coming to Orlando in the second week of Jan. 9- 14 (barring any family emergencies). I'm doing Epcot on Sunday Jan 13 with a tour around the world showcase. First time to Universal on Thurs Jan 10/ Fri Jan 11. Thought I'd check in in case folks are up for some meet-up shenanigans.

Coming to Orlando in the second week of Jan. 9- 14 (barring any family emergencies). I'm doing Epcot on Sunday Jan 13 with a tour around the world showcase. First time to Universal on Thurs Jan 10/ Fri Jan 11. Thought I'd check in in case folks are up for some meet-up shenanigans.
Jan. 13th is marathon day so World Showcase may not be the easiest to navigate.

Jan. 13th is marathon day so World Showcase may not be the easiest to navigate.
Thanks so much, I agree! One of my buddies is running the marathon and it's his tradition to do the showcase afterwards. I absolutely concur it may not be the easiest of choices. Since it's his custom/ tradition of his marathon stay, I would feel awkward changing it. Thank you very much for your thoughts though; I'm grateful you'd take the time to reply. :cutie:

Thanks so much, I agree! One of my buddies is running the marathon and it's his tradition to do the showcase afterwards. I absolutely concur it may not be the easiest of choices. Since it's his custom/ tradition of his marathon stay, I would feel awkward changing it. Thank you very much for your thoughts though; I'm grateful you'd take the time to reply. :cutie:
I am running as well just wanted to make sure you knew.

Crazy ideas happen when I am in a bad mood. Whenever we have a bad night with the kids, all I want to do is go on vacation. Well I am hopefully in the planning stage of taking my family to San Diego!!!!! I have family down there that I rarely get to see. I am hoping to hit Sea World and the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Fingers crossed it gets approved by DH!!!!

Crazy ideas happen when I am in a bad mood. Whenever we have a bad night with the kids, all I want to do is go on vacation. Well I am hopefully in the planning stage of taking my family to San Diego!!!!! I have family down there that I rarely get to see. I am hoping to hit Sea World and the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Fingers crossed it gets approved by DH!!!!
Tell DH Sorcerer Heidi says you DESERVE it! :)

The past couple of weeks are making us cranky. Moving did seem like a good idea...it was a lot easier to move from an apartment to a house than it is moving from house to an apartment.

I did price out WDW 2 night trips for the 2 of us, but no go until he is fully on boarded with the company benefits. I might need a solo trip when moving is complete or even getting an adult shake and maybe burger at Cowfish.

I have always wanted to go to San Diego. My Dad used to have to travel there when I was in grade school and he would talk about the sites and food.

He wants Crater Lake? Huh? What is there to do there? Lord knows I don't do camping! So we will discuss it when he gets home from work. At least he is OPEN to going somewhere!!!! party:

Well, tell him that your idea of camping is the Grand Californian (sort got that from an old episode or 2 of Samantha Brown travel show...but, the camping came from her Wilderness Lodge episode plus maybe her Grand Californian episode too).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter