Unsolved cases (spin-off from murderer/murdered thread)

One near where we currently live is Faith Hedgepeth (UNC student found murdered in her apartment). And since I have 2 girls in college right now it really hits home. Wish they'd do the familial DNA on this case. She had gone to bar with roommate. Roommate supposedly then left her at apartment to go visit a guy and came back in morning with another gal and found Faith dead. Think she was raped. Fast food bag left with note written on it that said 'I'm not stupid...[bad word for female]...Jealous'. There was a booze bottle that was thought to be the weapon used to beat her. They did a DNA thing to get a snapshot DNA phenotype. It has dark haired, dark eyed, Latino male composite. They ran DNA of all the males she was involved with and then some and no matches. Just wish they'd run familial DNA. Gotta find someone who is related and go from there.

Last edited:

Disappearance of Rilya Shenise Wilson
Abduction of Dulce Alvarez (sp?)

May G-d's grace be with them.

I don’t recall any names or where it happened anymore, but years back one of the newsmagazine type tv shows did a story about a boy who went missing. A few friends were riding bikes and stopped in some semi wooded area. A man came up to them and was kind of yelling at them for being there and I believe had or claimed to have a gun. He then started letting them go one by one, and told them just to keep riding as fast as they could and to not look back.

As you might have guessed, the last child, a young boy, was never released. When the kids all caught up to each other some distance away they realized he was missing.

Aside from the tragedy of a missing child, another reason this story stuck with me and still haunts me, is I vividly recall the interview with the mother of the boy. At the time of the show he was already missing for some number of years. She said that every time she heard someone at the front door, she still always looked up hoping to see her son coming through the doorway.

I don’t recall any names or where it happened anymore, but years back one of the newsmagazine type tv shows did a story about a boy who went missing. A few friends were riding bikes and stopped in some semi wooded area. A man came up to them and was kind of yelling at them for being there and I believe had or claimed to have a gun. He then started letting them go one by one, and told them just to keep riding as fast as they could and to not look back.

As you might have guessed, the last child, a young boy, was never released. When the kids all caught up to each other some distance away they realized he was missing.

Aside from the tragedy of a missing child, another reason this story stuck with me and still haunts me, is I vividly recall the interview with the mother of the boy. At the time of the show he was already missing for some number of years. She said that every time she heard someone at the front door, she still always looked up hoping to see her son coming through the doorway.
Is it Jacob Wetterling? One boy who rode off was his brother. They finally found his remains around 2016. And have the guy who did it.

I don't have one to post but have often searched the internet for missing cases , just thinking what a living hell this would be to any family. I can not imagine the pain that would never go away if you had a love one missing, your life would change forever without a bit of closure . Hands down one of the most sorrowful things that could happen to a family. I am sure at one point or another they are even praying for them to be found dead, just anything for closure. :sad:

the ones i wonder about are kyron horman and trenton duckett.
Yes—I often wonder about Kyron Horman. I haven’t heard of Trenton Duckett though.

In the other thread I mentioned a local case that is unsolved. I was in 7th grade and the victim was a junior at our high school. She disappeared and was found bludgeoned to death 5 days or so later on Halloween. I am 50 now so a very cold case. I think of that one occasionally.

Kyron...there is a current one going on in Colorado that I have been following. It's very very similar to the Kyron case. His name is Gannon Stauch and he's been missing for over 2 weeks.

Missing people...lots of those I would like to see solved.
Maura Murray is one that I follow. Missing from car crash in snow. Just vanished into thin air. (I think she perished in woods somewhere)

Timothy Pitzen is just so terribly sad. I wish they could find him. Mom took him from dad and went on little vacay where she killed herself in hotel room and he was missing (but small amount of his blood in car).

Madeline McCann and Lisa Irwin, missing little baby girls, are also cases I'd like to see solved. I have my suspicions on these. I'd put Trenton Duckett, Timothy Pitzen, DeOrr Kunz and Kyron in this group. As well as Ayla Reynolds. Oh, and Caylee Anthony and Jon Benet even though their bodies were found. Just my opinion here. Gannon likely will be in this unfortunate club as well.

And I knew a lady who grew up in the neighborhood of Lyon sisters, 2 sisters who went missing from mall many many years ago, and knew of them. I think folks know what happened and who it was. I think he's recently gone to trial. Not sure it's completed or not. He and other males in his family, now dead, supposedly did awful things to those beautiful girls. Their bodies were never found (he claimed they were burned, I do believe).

Last edited:
JonBenet Ramsey. I remember when it happened like it was yesterday. All the photos of that sweet innocent child. So many mistakes were made during the investigation. I’ve read/heard so much about the case and the different theories, and as disturbing as it is, still have a hard time believing that no one in the family was involved. :guilty:

I wonder about Kyron a lot. I’m still convinced the stepmother had something to do with it.
JonBenet Ramsey. I remember when it happened like it was yesterday. All the photos of that sweet innocent child. So many mistakes were made during the investigation. I’ve read/heard so much about the case and the different theories, and as disturbing as it is, still have a hard time believing that no one in the family was involved. :guilty:
Same. It was hard for me to wrap my head around something like that happening and NO ONE heard a thing. And the atrocious crime scene handling was just unbelievable.

Sabrina Asienberg. What happened to that baby? As often as I think these happen “close to home” for whatever reason I never thought the parents were involved.

There was a little boy here, about two that went missing from his home. I can’t remember his name but I can still see his little face 30 years later. That one my gut says it was the dad but as far as I know it’s never been solved.

Is it Jacob Wetterling? One boy who rode off was his brother. They finally found his remains around 2016. And have the guy who did it.

I just looked up this story and it has many similarities, but also some differences. Of course maybe after so many years having passed, my memory of all the details may not be perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!