UO Newbie Question - Loews Royal Pacific Resort

Nittany

Disney is my happy place.
We are looking to visit UO at the end of November, beginning of December 2020 for our very first time. We are considering staying at Loews Royal Pacific Resort. I want to clarify to make sure I am understanding things correctly - if we choose to stay at LRPR we would get into the parks one hour early and also get the Universal Express Unlimited pass, correct? We are also looking about purchasing the buy two days, get two days admission tickets. Would the UE pass be good for all four of the days we go to the parks with those tickets? Thank you!

You will get the hotel EP the day you check in, as early as you like, and until park close the day you leave.

Doesn`t matter where you bought your tickets or what type of ticket you have, the hotel stay entitles you to the Unilimited EP.

Yes, Extra hour too.

There is a RPR sticky in the hotel board with lots of info.

I'm also looking to stay at LRPR, for the first weekend in december. I've been checking the rates. I checked the rates and availability Wednesday and there was a bunch of room types available. I checked again on Friday night and it stated no availability. It also stated no availability for Hard Rock. I know on Wednesday night they had a bunch of room options available too. Did they stop taking reservations for those hotels or something? I doubt that in within 2 days it went from a lot of availability to completely booked? Does anyone have any insight?

This just a guess but possibly the % of rooms are booked.

For right now August and September, they are only booking a specific % of rooms.

I’ll be staying onsite later September- October and when they hit their quota, bookings for a room at specific hotels, that’s it for bookings.

Or it could be they have stopped booking for December stays temporarily.

Assume Loews wants to verify when they can increase bookings to a higher number.

With Sapphire Falls now being closed, guests were moved to RPR or HRH. That may have impacted availability.

I'm also looking to stay at LRPR, for the first weekend in december. I've been checking the rates. I checked the rates and availability Wednesday and there was a bunch of room types available. I checked again on Friday night and it stated no availability. It also stated no availability for Hard Rock. I know on Wednesday night they had a bunch of room options available too. Did they stop taking reservations for those hotels or something? I doubt that in within 2 days it went from a lot of availability to completely booked? Does anyone have any insight?

They have been moving people from Sapphire Falls and as they will still be closed then, that could be part of it as they are being moved to RP and HRH.

Joelikesbeer... since your question is about going in December, Loews today has not released any info for 4 months from now.

Try calling to ask about December bookings.
They may be able to give you info for when bookings are will restart
Sometimes the booking calendar is removed from the UO site when they are making changes.

So that is a possibility why you can not see the info you need.

Most of us here only have the facts on what has been released.

Just wanted to add/clarify that it makes no difference what type of ticket you have for the EP. As PP mentioned, EP is good for the duration of your hotel stay including check in and check out day. If you have 3 days/2 nights in the hotel but have a 4 day ticket, your EP is only good for your 3 days at the hotel.

They will not accept packages. You must meet your service provider pre-security check in. (The Bridge)

There is an OI Meetup the first and second weekend in December. Everyone booked at Sapphire Falls were moved to Royal Pacific. That probably took up a lot of the rooms. The move happened this week. I am one of those people.

There’s still availability for the second half of December and Xmas week. Friday I booked the AP rate for Dec. 18-26.

My family has been to WDW many times but never UO, so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. We'd like to go over Thanksgiving week and state in RPR given the on-site benefits of proximity/walking and EP. Not having been before, we'd like your advice - what do you think the crowd levels will be over Thanksgiving week (I presume they're normally pretty high, but given covid, what will 2020 look like), and would 4 days be enough? Thanks!

My family has been to WDW many times but never UO, so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. We'd like to go over Thanksgiving week and state in RPR given the on-site benefits of proximity/walking and EP. Not having been before, we'd like your advice - what do you think the crowd levels will be over Thanksgiving week (I presume they're normally pretty high, but given covid, what will 2020 look like), and would 4 days be enough? Thanks!

Even if it is busy this Thanksgiving, you have 4 days with EP.

It really is enough to see and do what you want to on your trip. Familiarize yourself with the layouts of the parks and although you don`t need to plan with EP, having an idea of what you and your family want to do and see is always a good idea......you`ll be spoiled for choice!

Don`t miss things like the Horror Make up Show.....it`s very funny!

And you`ll love RP I`m sure :thumbsup2

Even if it is busy this Thanksgiving, you have 4 days with EP.

It really is enough to see and do what you want to on your trip. Familiarize yourself with the layouts of the parks and although you don`t need to plan with EP, having an idea of what you and your family want to do and see is always a good idea......you`ll be spoiled for choice!

Don`t miss things like the Horror Make up Show.....it`s very funny!

And you`ll love RP I`m sure :thumbsup2

Thank you. I appreciate your advice/guidance. I love the idea of not having to plan every minute 11 months out like we have (happily) done in WDW. A change of pace would be nice.

Do you think 4 days is too much? We have a 14, 16, and 19 year old, so I want to make sure they have enough time to explore and re-do attractions. We may do fewer days and get some WDW time in, but I'm also wanting to allow for enough time to sufficiently explore UO since we've never done it.

Thank you. I appreciate your advice/guidance. I love the idea of not having to plan every minute 11 months out like we have (happily) done in WDW. A change of pace would be nice.

Do you think 4 days is too much? We have a 14, 16, and 19 year old, so I want to make sure they have enough time to explore and re-do attractions. We may do fewer days and get some WDW time in, but I'm also wanting to allow for enough time to sufficiently explore UO since we've never done it.

We never plan anything, ever. Maybe a special dinner, but that`s about it. And we love that about Universal.

Well, I`m maybe the wrong person to ask if it`s too long as we do stay for longer periods of time and it`s still not long enough........ I think with kids that age you`ll be fine, 4 days is a good amount of time.

Not sure if it`ll be warm enough for pool time, that can pass a few hours in a day. And Citywalk is kinda cool at night. But, once you have a look at what there is to do and what your family enjoys will give you a good idea of what you can fit in during your trip.

If you plan Disney, give it one day.....Universal for a first timer should be relaxed and not rushed at all, that way you can really see everything it has to offer and 3 days should be a minimum.....and not just because I`m biased.....honest......☺

Of course with Covid things may not be just as simple as before......but it seems to be working well so far.

If you are hardcore open-to-close riders, then you can do all of the rides in 2 days. But if you want a nice relaxing vacation where you experience most of Universal, then 4 days would be a good first trip.

In the past on our WDW trips, we’ve been rope drop to fireworks folks, but I’m thinking with the switch to UO it might be time to actually chill out a bit more and take in the resort space and the outside-the-parks offerings. Also, since this is our first UO trip, being able to repeat attractions and soak in the parks beyond the rides sounds fun. So it seems 4+ days looks best. Thanks for the wisdom and advice, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter