UO Newbie Question - Loews Royal Pacific Resort

In the past on our WDW trips, we’ve been rope drop to fireworks folks, but I’m thinking with the switch to UO it might be time to actually chill out a bit more and take in the resort space and the outside-the-parks offerings. Also, since this is our first UO trip, being able to repeat attractions and soak in the parks beyond the rides sounds fun. So it seems 4+ days looks best. Thanks for the wisdom and advice, all!
We did the same thing with Disney. Since there were 4 parks to go to, we would only get 1 day per park. I planned everything we did ahead of time (what park each day, what ride order, where to eat, etc). We rope dropped every morning to maximize ride time. While it was fun, by the end of the trip we were always exhausted.

For Universal, there were some key differences:

- Annual Passes were very close in cost to a 2 day ticket. In addition to allowing us to have multiple trips in a year, it also gave significant discounts for the onsite hotels.
- The affordable onsite hotels means you can park your car and not touch it for the entire trip, if you'd like. When we stayed at CB, the buses were always quick. At RPR and PBH, the ferry boats were fantastic.
- The deluxe hotels with EPs were reasonably priced with the Annual Pass discounts. EPs are a game changer if you hate lines like me. No need to rope drop/EE if you want. This allowed us to ride what we wanted and still have time to spend at the resorts.
- With City Walk connected to the parks, you can simply walk over if you want to eat out at a nice restaurant (though there are some good ones in the parks too)

For the past two years, DW and I would fly to Orlando the Friday after Thanksgiving, and fly home the following Monday or Tuesday. Last year, we stayed at RPR. We had so much fun on each trip.

This year, we talked a sister and her husband into going, and we will spend a full week in Florida. Although we fly in and out of MCO, we will be renting a car and driving to Tampa where we will stay for 3 nights. On Monday, we return to Orlando, return the car, and the Uber to RPR where we will stay until Saturday. We were/are hoping to attend the Chiefs/Buccaneers game while in Tampa on Sunday, but with Covid restrictions on attendance and the Tom Brady effect on ticket prices, that is highly doubtful.

Also, I’m so hoping that unlimited mimosas are still available in RPR’s Islands Dining during breakfast!

When in this? Ive been a few times and never seen that - is it an add on

Yes. You could order them during breakfast at Islands. I believe they were $10 extra for unlimited mimosas. I think they also had unlimited Bloody Mary’s for $10, but I don’t like Bloody Mary’s, so never tried ordering them. We do the mimosas once each trip, and our last trip was this past February. However, I haven’t heard if they are still doing it during Covid. I’ll find out on our next trip in December.

Yes. You could order them during breakfast at Islands. I believe they were $10 extra for unlimited mimosas. I think they also had unlimited Bloody Mary’s for $10, but I don’t like Bloody Mary’s, so never tried ordering them. We do the mimosas once each trip, and our last trip was this past February. However, I haven’t heard if they are still doing it during Covid. I’ll find out on our next trip in December.

Here now and I can confirm that the unlimited mimosas are still available during breakfast. We had them a couple days ago. Although we didn’t have them this morning, we knows others did as we could hear the champagne popping. Planning on having more tomorrow morning.

Here now and I can confirm that the unlimited mimosas are still available during breakfast. We had them a couple days ago. Although we didn’t have them this morning, we knows others did as we could hear the champagne popping. Planning on having more tomorrow morning.

Hope you are having the best time there patster........and good to hear the unlimited mimosas are still a thing........ :thumbsup2

If you can, try the Chocolate Emporium. My family went there for lunch when we went to Universal Orlando a few years ago and it was a fun place for lunch. My daughter loved the milkshake and the portions for food were pretty big for us.

I don't know how they are operating now, but that's a recommendation I can make.

We’re heading there next week (whoo hoo!). Heard the pool was heated. Can you confirm and is it warm enough at night or would we freeze swimming? Thanks!

Sorry, but we didn’t get in the pool, so I don’t know if it is heated or not. I suspect that it is because when we were having dinner at Jakes one night, we saw a person in their swimming suit, draped with a towel walk by. Temperature outside at the time was low 60s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter