Update on Me

jennyL

<font color=00cc00>Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!<br><fo
Sorry everyone to just drop out of site. I know I was supposed to host a swap starting in May. Some of you may know but I was furloughed back in April and am now staying home with my little man. I love having the extra time with him but I do not have the time on the computer that I used to and unfortunatly the disboards are one place that I'm falling behind on. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm ok and will be fine just not on like I used to be. Once we get on a schedule I'll try to check in more frequently. If any of you SAHM have any ideas please let me know. I feel like even though I'm home all day I'm not getting anything more done here then when I worked all day. Of course I know have a 16month old helping me so that could be some of it.

I hope to be on more soon and back into the swing of things.

I'm not a SAHM but I did do very reduced hours for a time (2 days per week) so here's my views, for what they're worth;)

Enjoy your baby being small - my tiny baby is now nearly 16 YEARS:scared1: and taller than me, and the other is nearly 10. :faint:

use the computer while he's asleep

Let DH play with baby and use computer then - pretending you're doing accounts if you like :guilty:

Let DH play with iron and ditto:thumbsup2

I am a SAHM. My advice would be to change your expectations. I know it seems like you shoudl be able to get things done since you are at home, but really you can't much more done. You do have a 16month old at home with you. He needs attention and naturally, you want to give it to him. Plus, since you are both home, you are now making messes that you didn't used to make during the day.

As a SAHM (never at home currently).. don't sit yourself up to believe everything has to be done and done perfect...and that it's a bad day if everything doesn't get done... Make a small list...accomplish it and call it a day.. Your baby will be a baby for just so long.. I just took my DD for her first day of driver's ed today... spend time w/ your DS and don't let "guilt" play a role in your life.. you get done what you can get done...
Here is a poem that I have on my fridge that reminds me... it doesn't have to be perfect...
This is a Home Where Children Live
( Judith Bond )

You may not find things all in place,
Friend, when you enter here.
But, we're a home where children live,
We hold them very dear.

And you may find small fingerprints
And smudges on the wall.
When the kids are gone, we'll clean them up,
Right now we're playing ball.

For there's one thing of which we're sure,
These children are on loan.
One day they're always underfoot,
Next thing you know, they're gone.

That's when we'll have a well kept house,
When they're off on their own.
Right now, this is where children live,
A loved and lived in home.

1) do you want you kids to remember that mom did great, fun things with them or do you want them to remember that the house was perfect?

2) fly lady will be your best friend

3) build a schedule and include your scrapping and your DIS time into it.

Know, what? My house looks like a tornado hit it daily. But who cares, as long as they have good food, clean dishes and clean clothes, then you're doing all right.

I agree with everything above.

The two that i have at home are 18 months and 3.

It took a long time to get into a routine with them. Now after we get back from taking DD to school they have breakfast, then watch a movie or sesame street, and play till lunch/nap time. Thats when i do most of my cleaning. espically the vaccuming and loud stuff i cant do during nap time.

And i usually use nap time to decompress and do mom stuff. like surf the net, check emails and such. or scrap. My 3yo only sleeps about an hour these days so not much alone time. and we have days like today where she doesnt nap at all. but shes mostly playing quietly.

The living room gets picked up after dinner and before bed. Its a new "game" they have to help clean up the mess before bed. usually while i am doing the dishes. we see who finishes first.

And then there are loads of days where the house doesnt get cleaned for a week or two. and no one seems to mind unless we are out of clean dishes, laundry, or snacks.

My biggest thing is laundry!:headache: i hate it with a passion. i get it washed and dried but there never seems to be enough time to get it folded and put away. so i have a million laundry baskets with clean clothes. :laughing:

Thanks a lot, Nancy...now I'm crying...

I am a work at home, stay at home mom...I get nothing done!

Thanks a lot, Nancy...now I'm crying...

I am a work at home, stay at home mom...I get nothing done!

:hug:It made me cry to..but I was always complaining that my house wasn't perfect..and friend sent it to me..and it became words to live by....

I have my list of things that need done tonight and everyone has a task...but when they were younger..they couldn't do much..but when they could help pick up toys, i had them help!

Ok, off to fix the task I despise most...cooking dinner... why it's drags me down I have no idea....(I think I want a vacation where someone caters to me for a while! LOL)

Let your crockpot liberate you :goodvibes even on the days I'm at home i try to load it up in the morning (while I have energy/inclination) then it can look after itself:thumbsup2 best of all, if epople are cming in different times, i just turn it to low and we each eat when we need to. I even take a portion out and put it in the fridge, then DH can have it when he gets in from work or before work the next day (when he's on evening shifts) without having to use every pot in the kitchen:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter