*** UPDATE POST #85 *** Disney if for families. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

After looking at this thread, I am surprised at a number of things.. first, Disney usually tries to accomodate people who have difficulties... so their behaviour here is very Un-Disney like..

I also feel for the family this has happened to... having bad news heaped on other bad news is really a terrible thing....

I am also surprised at all the skeptics on this thread.. have you no shame?... After what this family has gone through... to then accuse them of some nefarious plot is simply not fair...

I for one feel that Disney seems to be changing for the worse..

David

After reading these posts, I'm starting to believe the problem had to do with the way the cruise was booked. Maybe you should purchase trip insurance next time. Or, maybe you should purchase your cruise directly from Disney, and not from Expedia.

Or maybe you should ask more questions up front. I feel bad that someone in your family has non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and I hope that they get better, or are better. But if you and your family knew about this before the cruise, trip insurance would have been the smart thing to do.

I've been on two cruises in the past, and my wife and I are planning a cruise in November of 2010. We are looking forward to the fantastic service, food, entertainment, and escape from reality that Disney cruises provide.

I would like to thank each of you for your prayers and well wishes for my daughter who is fighting non-hodgkins lymphoma. She is in the hospital now but we hope she will be released next week. She had another round of Chemo and had a donor lympocyte infusion. Please continue to pray for her and our family. For anyone planning a Disney Cruise, I only wish you the best and hope you have a wonderful time.

After looking at this thread, I am surprised at a number of things.. first, Disney usually tries to accomodate people who have difficulties... so their behaviour here is very Un-Disney like..

How do you figure? I think they went above and beyond what was required of them.

Listen, we all feel VERY badly about the whole situation.

DCL has company policy, period. And for anyone who works in the financial or logistic aspect of a business, like myself, they would know how important it is to enforce company policy fairly and equally. We get told to our face, and probably even more behind our backs, how we are just in it for the money, when all we are doing is our job by enforcing policy.

DCL's policy is that you must cancel or reschedule 90 days out. Now, I understand this family could not help the situation. But, they even broke their own policy by allowing the daughter to reschedule her portion of the cruise, which is something they definitely did not HAVE to do, but did out of good will.

Thus why travel insurance is SO important. They say that they could not afford the additional travel insurance on top of an already pricy vacation. And, I feel really sorry for them, I really do. BUT, that is the choice that they made. Ever hear the saying "The cheap comes out expensive."? Yes, $1000 for travel insurance is a LOT of money, BUT in the end, it may have saved them 10 grand.

One cannot choose to forego travel insurance, and then expect a company to bend their policy and honor their vacation as if they were covered by insurance. Which comes back to enforcing fairly and equally. What about Joe over here whose BIL had a heart attack two days before the cruise, but forgot to get insurance? What about Susie who could not afford the extra insurance, but whose boss dies a week before sailing, so she does not have the option of taking off on a vacation, because she has to stay and tie up all loose ends? It is not fair, nor equal to refuse to change Joe and Susie's cruise plans due to policy, but then turn around and help out another family who is in crisis.

I would like to thank each of you for your well wishes and prayers for my daughter who was fighting Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Mandi passed away on March 18. She was 28 years old. Please continue to pray for her husband and little boy. Please keep our family in your prayers. Thank you again for your prayers.

So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family :grouphug:

I'm so sorry for your loss- my thoughts and prayers are with all of you in this very difficult time-:grouphug:

Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter