UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Asking for prayers for Arnold (Grumpy Aggie) He has been in the hospital since last Monday. Was having chest pains & BP was sky high & he is having Afib. He has gone thru numerous tests so far all looks good but can't get the Afib in control. Either Monday(tomorrow) or Tuesday they will do the paddle to get the Afib back in control.The heart & Lung doctor think the AFib is from the chemo. So not sure if chemo will be stopped. If so, I hope his oncologist will stop the research on him. I am so excited for all who will be able to make this wonderful DisMeet. Disappointed we can't be there as I have sad numerous times. Waiting with excitement to hear all the fun that will be happening.

We will miss you too, but health comes 1st. Prayers for Arnold and you as well. Please keep us i informed and hope all goes well. Maybe we can do a zoom meeting with you guys:thumbsup2

Prayers for Arnold. Did he ever have history of A-fib or is it new onset?

Gloria. Am sorry to hear about Arnold. We are sending good thoughts your way. That chemo is tough.

@tigger92662 good idea maybe we can get a zoom going with all the folks who could nit make it.

Looking like no pixie dust this trip at all. Now Poly will be closed, ugh. We wanted to do and had ressies for the Aloha Dinner, and I wanted to hit Trader Sams for a Nautilus. :sad:

Hang in there, Arnold.

Arc, the monorail will not stop at the Poly while we're there so we may have to do a Loop Crawl rather than a Monorail Crawl.
Iconcheers_zps2d1971b8.gif

Afraid to look over at @Stratman50th when he finds out Ohana's won't be opening in October like we all thought it might. :scared:

Bama Ed

Hang in there, Arnold.

Arc, the monorail will not stop at the Poly while we're there so we may have to do a Loop Crawl rather than a Monorail Crawl.
Iconcheers_zps2d1971b8.gif

Afraid to look over at @Stratman50th when he finds out Ohana's won't be opening in October like we all thought it might. :scared:

Bama Ed
Yeah Ed, I saw that yesterday. My wife and I were discussing maybe going someplace else. I wanted to meet everybody but pretty sure as we discussed Trails End wouldn't be open yet and we were holding out for 'Ohana. I'm really thinking that it might be time to pull out. If we do, maybe one of you can put us on your site and we'll come in one day pulling the golf cart and visit everybody.

Thank you all for the prayers, they really are felt. Tiggerdad, yes he has a history of AFib, but normally it will stop & go back to normal. Not this time. They are changing his meds to see if this will work better. We hope it does. Stay save all!

Ok it's about a month out so I'm gonna throw it out there. Who's up for a bag toss tournament? I'll set a ladder/bracket so that all can participate.
Let me know who's in. :thumbsup2
Gonna dig into the prize closet tomorrow and see what's available. :rolleyes:

And now WDW is going to reopen the restaurant in the Castle:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...agic-kingdom-and-hollywood-studios-this-fall/

No princesses. Set menu. This is wonderful - I'm going to try for it for the October trip and February.

Back in the late 70s and early 80s when I went to WDW as a kid, Dad would send one of us kids to run to the castle after rope drop and get in line to get a same-day reservation for lunch or dinner in the castle. The restaurant was then named "King Stefan's Banquet Hall" and looked almost exactly the same inside as it does now.

We did the princess meal thing with DD during her college program (CastMember discount and all) but would love to do it w/o princesses.

Yahoo!

ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter