UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

Oh and the SEC television schedule for about half of this season's games was announced earlier this week and the Bama-Georgia game in Tuscaloosa will be on CBS starting at 8pm Eastern time ( :sad: I hate those late night starts especially in the Eastern time zone) on my last full day at the Fort, Saturday October 17. But I will be cheering for the Tide!

Elephant%20Surfing_zpsocboyb4s.gif

So I am going to watch the game outside at my site (assuming weather cooperates) so my Saturday night schedule is set. LSU-Florida is the 330pm Eastern game which should be good too on ESPN. That means I'll be roaming around my site area all Saturday afternoon and night (hard to sit still).

Ed

Well, they finally released the HS football schedule for school where DDs go. Oldest DD is in color guard, so expected to be at all games. The two Fridays we are supposed to be at WDW are home games. If she misses then its two failed test grades in the band. Instructor is final on this.

Soooo...

Looks like neither DD is making the trip in October. This was actually the original plan. They were supposed to go in June instead, but we all know that nobody got to go in June so we moved them to October with us. Figured only 3 missed school days, but since oldest DD made the color guard...well, I didn't plan on that.

So the girls are in meltdown. I also do believe I can't get a refund on their tickets either.

Funny that the castle should open back up at the same time.

Looks like neither DD is making the trip in October

So the girls are in meltdown. I also do believe I can't get a refund on their tickets either.

Funny that the castle should open back up at the same time.

Ouch!

in my Disney sounding, positive spin voice "Tickets are non-refundable but the value of the tickets can be applied to a future visit". So essentially you have pre-paid for their tickets for next time (up to that amount).

Sorry to hear that for them. Guess that means you'll have to get another Fort reservation on the books and SOON! Maybe for when the MK 50th Anniversary plans are announced?

Ed

Awe. Sorry to hear the girls will miss. Ian was never interested in sports or any other extra curricular activity, so we didn't have to worry about that schedule. I don't remember taking him out of school once he hit middle school.

j

We'll have to set something else up for them later.

Since it'll just be DW and myself I booked the last available site at Lake Louisa SP for October 9th. Site 35.

Jim, Ed, see ya there.

i Think Teamubr will already be at the Fort by then, tiggerdad.

Might be just us. :confused3

Sorry to disappoint.

Bama Ed

I will be at LLSP on the 7th. Arrive to the Fort on the 8th.
We'll see you when you get there.

j

Ok, so new plans. DS and DD and boyfriend are all arriving with us, was able to add Sunday the 4th (thanks @bama_ed for the intel).
DD and boyfriend have quick couple days cuz of college classes and will fly out Thursday the 8th.
DS has friend in Orlando, so he will be in and out, he flies out Thursday the 15th to be home for his friends birthday event in the Wisconsin Dells
My neighbor is looking to book while we are there for a week/10 days
PHEW!!!!

Well I am glad we have this trip booked, and glad we will get to meet up with all who are coming. Looks like this will be our last camping trip to Disney. After seeing the 2021 rates, it just ain't happening. We would love to see the place set up for Christmas, and we had planned a November trip, but without parades, parties, fireworks, it was not worth it. So we will see where in this great big US we will end up. Maybe we will start saving and so a big trip out west for vacation. Some place we can camp without buying the campground for the cost of a couple nights. We enjoy Disney, and I love to photograph there, but their prices have gotten crazy. Looks like if we go to see the Christmas Decor it will be to a hotel, at least we can take the truck and camp on the way down.

Aight, so in all this covid garbage I've lost track of who all is still attending this year.

Unfortunately, we're out. too many cutbacks, cancelations and restrictions for us to make that long a trip. :(:headache::mad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Not us. DW and lil medic are heading to Arizona then Oklahoma in two weeks and won’t be back till Oct 17, then they have the 14 day quarantine. Hoping to get there the 2nd week of November.

Sadly we’re out. Just too far to go when so much of what we love there isn’t Up and running. We’ve rebooked for next fall and keeping our fingers crossed it will be more normal them!

I've been waffling back and forth for the last week about cancelling. My time in the parks are over but there are other things we enjoy. Eating at our favorite restaurants, resort hopping, pools and looping to look at holiday decorations. This trip also involved meeting folks from the camping section of the forum here. After finding out earlier this week that 'Ohana will be closed as well as Trail's End was probably the biggest part of the trip for us. Resort hopping doesn't look promising if we obey the rules. We could hang out at the pool and loop but that's about all there is to take up a 5 day stay. We'll be checking in on the 14th so a bunch of you might already have left. Maybe we could try another restaurant or two but just not sure since it's pretty expensive just for a place to park. If I decide to cancel I can still trailer the golf cart over with the car, visit with everyone who is still there and loop for the evening. I'll probably make a decesion within the week. My wife still wants to go someplace, she's thinking about Palm Beach for the week. I'll let you all know for sure in a few days. Till then, I haven't cancelled yet so there's that.
Don

Right now we are still in. I do put us questionable because of my mother in law, but at this point not planning on canceling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!