Updated 2/13/21 Trip Video! Magic from Miami Jan 14-18 2020 Love that chicken water

Where did you get those Minnie slides?!?
They are Vans, I got them over a year ago. Funny story, I was saving them for summer and never cut the packaging cord. I looked at them and was like hey the bottoms are dirty but I haven’t worn them yet :scratchin well I find out later that Mia stole them, wore them to school, and then burned the plastic cord back together, what a sneaky turd!!
So I bought another pair for myself and gave her the ones she stole for her birthday :hyper:

We did a little toast to start our cruise out classy style
Took a few goofy photos to send back home to the hubby 475727
And we are off in search of ice cream
Ice creams in hand we went to explore the top deck and take in the scenery of beautiful Miami. Knowing that it’s cold and yucky back home just makes it that much better 🌨
Getting a few cartwheels in because why not?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QkwSGLXbDY15aEzM8

We headed off to check out the club for Mia, Westin was bummed that he was not allowed to go here.
Mia on the other hand was bummed that this was her club, she was not feeling it and never went back. I think if she had a friend with her it would be a different outcome but for solo Mia it was a no thank you. That’s fine with me because I like my kids on vacation (usually:tongue:)
We did find the stairs to the boutique
Checked out the elevators because they are like a mirror and this is irresistible to picture hogs
On the way to check out Westin’s club he found it funny that the life boats were in the window so a picture was requested. 475742

They are Vans, I got them over a year ago. Funny story, I was saving them for summer and never cut the packaging cord. I looked at them and was like hey the bottoms are dirty but I haven’t worn them yet :scratchin well I find out later that Mia stole them, wore them to school, and then burned the plastic cord back together, what a sneaky turd!!
So I bought another pair for myself and gave her the ones she stole for her birthday :hyper:
Great shoes, but even better story!

Time to check out Westin's club
I would have been happy to hang here but sadly I am a grown up and only allowed in during open house.
Some live action Iron Man game that he enjoyed https://photos.app.goo.gl/umaHz6hLGXUHCao67
I had a great time pretending I was recruited by SHIELD. I have a tiny, movie star crush on Steve Rogers, if only I was Peggy. 😍
Turn me into an agent I am ready!
20200315_160818.jpg
Tony Stark is pretty awesome too, just not as dreamy as my boy Captain America.
We played a little chutes and ladders then Westin and Grammy stayed to check out the ipad games.
But Mia and I were itching to get up on deck to the sail away party, or should I say sail a wave I guess :wave:
That was pretty fun, we sang, we danced, we sailed away, except we didn't. I guess the party doesn't coincide with the exact sail away, but it wasn't too long after that we did start moving. Yay!! Bye regular life, see you in a few days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/anu5DPsXtN3u2Ed56
So that was fun!! We headed back to get Grammy and Westin, he had a nice time and built a little something.
What to do next?

We hung out in the room for a little, I might have had another glass of my sexy bottle drink 🥂 We got changed for the show and dinner and set out to the theater.
Ran into Chip on our way, I love how easy it is to stumble upon characters, it makes it more special I think. We didn't get pics though we had a show to get to.
Oh hi Walt, I think you are super awesome.
Tonight was Cinderella Twice Charmed, or something like that. We enjoyed it, my mom got a big kick out of the mice. It is so interesting how people can see the same thing but have seen it entirely different, not sure if that makes sense...they were cute but she found them hilarious!
I snuck a pic at the end, don't tell.
I left our dining time to chance, we ended up with the 2nd seating. I very much enjoyed that time slot, I think Westin might have preferred early, he started to tire out earlier as the trip went, but he didn't complain about it.
I was very excited for Ralunzel's!

They wanted to sit next to each other 😬
They mostly got along this evening.
Mom and I did not fight at all :goodvibes
Our server was Walter and the assistant server was Rafa. They were fine. My sister and I tease my mom that she needs a hearing aid because we will be talking and she will repeat what she thinks she heard and it is wrong but she says it's not her hearing and then my sister and I laugh.
Sooo, a hearing aid would have been helpful for dinner because mixed with Walter's accent and the loudness of the dining rooms mom had no clue what he was saying ever. So that made her not care for Walter even though it wasn't his fault. But she took a liking to Rafa, so Mia and I teased her about that for the entire trip, sometimes we are annoying, I'm not sure why my mom agrees to go places with me sometimes!
Menus!
Mustard dip was served with the bread, I liked it a lot.
This dining experience was so cute, the roaming minstrels were fun, the show by the Ugly Duckling guys was entertaining and they were funny when they walked around to visit at the tables, Flynn Rider was smoldering, it was great!

For your enjoyment some pics of our food
Mia loved her soup, highly recommended!

Westin isn't a fan of veggies, I'm not either so I can't blame him.
So he moved all his veggies to a side plate.
Then Atilla came to visit and he said "oh no, your vegetables are on the wrong plate let me help you with that"
And Atilla dumped them back on his plate!
It was great!!
Westin didnt say anything, he smiled and Atilla encouraged him to share with his sister since her plate was also lacking vegetables.
It was a great interaction and that cast member who played Atilla made my evening! We think we saw him the next morning while we waited for our excursion in one of the clubs. Would an entertainer work in a position like that too?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KTSjGMURJdwjK8UVA
Clap clap, stomp stomp, flap flap, wooh!!
This was the song we had to sing, I can't remember why though?
And the rest of our food.
Mia was impressed with the size of her meat.
The only problem with the food tonight was there is so much! Like I felt guilty for wasting so much of it. And I had to save room because I read about the fry pan bread dessert and I needrd to have it. No one else ordered dessert they were too full.
It was DELISH! If I'm ever back on the Magic I will get an appetizer and skip main meal so I can have 3 of these, so soft and warm and yummy, I loved it.
We rolled ourselves out and I really wanted to take a picture here but no one would do it for me, boo to you family!
Westin did do a pretend pushing picture with the cart from the dinner show so thanks to him for that, he loves me.

Um, I will take him alive please!!

On our way back to the room I looked at the pictures hanging on the stairs
Walt 💓
All these Goofys is weirding me out

We had a towel swan to come back to, why does no one make me animals to decorate my bed at home? :laughing:

Westin was impressed that his cars were lined up, our room attendant was awesome but I cannot remeber his name and I know I saved the tip paper that listed the names of our crew but I have no clue where it is.
I chilled a little on the veranda, watching the moon and looking at the waves. Such a calm easy feeling that you cannot get anywhere else, I miss it 😢

Welcome to day 2, Key West day!
I didnt sleep great so I was up early, I went exploring the ship. It was really quiet and then right at 7 I could hear music again. I thought that was really cool.
I enjoyed some sunrise, called hubby to check in and caught up on instagram and TsumTsum because we had a signal and I have a phone addiction :hyper:
I chilled out until I couldn't wait anymore and went to tease my kids and take unflattering pictures of them hoping to get them out of bed, it didn't work.
Eventually they rose from the dead and we made it to breakfast. It was crazy crowded but we found a table and got our grub.
We talked about if we were at home right now what would we be doing, mom and I would have been at work and the kids at school. Cruise life for the win!
The sun, the food, good times 💜

Our port adventure meeting time was approaching so we went to the meet up spot and chilled for a bit. This is where we saw the guy who looked like Atilla from dinner. Mia snuck a picture of him for comparison purposes but she's sleeping still 😴
Up next our adventure in KeyWest!

Off to our excursion! This was our first excursion ever so we booked it directly through Disney because I am a scaredy cat and afraid the ship would leave us behind. It didn't, we had plenty of time had we just walked into Key West and explored on our own.
We met our tour guide right outside the ship. It was us and one other family so that was nice to be a small group. This was Presidents, Pirates and Pioneers tour which accordong to the website: Walk through history as you learn about the locations crucial to Key West's settlement, growth, and national importance.
When actually this was a tour where the guide told us about why houses were painted certain colors, the porches of the houses, flowers and trees, and not much else. So although he was a pleasant guy he was very boring and I would not recommend this tour. 490981
We did see some pretty flowers and expensive houses, then our tour took us to a pirate museum which was slightly interesting and it had the watch tower so that was the highlight.
Westin's nickname is bub so he liked this step.
We were given a sample of fried conch fritters, they were tasty.
Took some fun pics at the top of the tower, it was pretty high so Westin opted to only go halfway.
But the view of the ship was gorgeous!
Then our tour ended. What we should have done was head back to the ship but I wanted to get to the southernmost point of America so we headed down the street. We went down and down and down and it got hotter and hotter and hotter. And we had a breakdown with tears from Westin because I was forcing him to walk so far, Mother was hobbling a bit because her hip was sore and Mia was melting so that was our walk to the buoy.
But we got there!
The line for a nice picture was soooooo long so we snuck to the side and took a quick pic while Westin pouted in the shade dreading the walk back 😬
Total moaning and complaining the entire way back, so lesson learned, don't attempt a walk of great length with Westin.
We did learn about these interesting banyan trees that grow downward and there is one really big one that is old and that's all I remember about it.😆

Finished our trip music video! I have started many and then never got very far so I'm super happy to have completed one!:flower1: Enjoy!!

And here is our trip from 2014 if you're interested:

Long time, no cruising everyone! 😩 Stupid COVID
Anyways, just dreaming of a cruise and figured it's a good time to add an update to this trip report after months of laziness and neglect.
So we pick up after the horrible walk back to the ship. I managed to get some pictures with smiles with promises of hitting the ice cream station.

Such a beauty the Magic is.

I took notice of this pretty picture on our way back and added it to my potentual future tattoos idea folder.
We hung out in the room for a while, then Mia and I left to meet Captain Marvel. Westin isn't a fan of characters with faces so he hid in the room.
I don't know when it happened but one of the days Captain America (swoon 🥰) was randomly walking around the hallway and we passed by and said hi. He tried to initiate a conversation with Westin but he wouldn't speak because he gets weird like that. Cap responded oh I understand you're undercover and winked. Hours later we passed Cap again and Westin ran into the bathroom to hide but Cap yelled out to him keep up the good work battling Hydra. It was great and I was impressed he had remember the interaction from earlier that day. Yet another reason Cap has my heart!
So tonight was Tangled. Loved it! I think that would be such a fun job for a few months, if I was a performer with singing and dancing skills.

Dinner tonight was Lumiere's. I think it was good, no memories of anything incredibly awful at least.

We rolled on out and back to bed. My goal on the next cruise is to go to one of the evening games or karaoke or something fun. My traveling companions are party poopers.

Who is needing a cruise right now like me!?
I sooo want to cruise and not being able to makes it that much more annoying :scared:
Anyways, back to January 2020 it is Castaway Cay day!
But first I woke up early and enjoyed some time on deck to watch us arrive at castaway cay, mom came with me.
I am a novice yoga/stretch kind of exerciser so I can't resist handstand pictures in fun places. As long as something is there to prop me up 🙃
Sunrise from the balcony
I watched the unloading of supplies to the island, that was interesting.

My memory is fading at this point, we probably went to Cabana's for breakfast, but I have no photographic proof.
So onto the island!
I didn't take my phone on the island, only the gopro, which I am not the best at using so in retrospect that was a bad plan because I dont have many good pictures from this day. But video of the day is pretty good in the trip video, even though it's skinny frame and not the full screen. Yah, I need to learn how to use the gopro 😄

We did the stingray, snorkel, bike package and we all loved it. Highly recommend the bikes to explore the island, unless you are a runner or big fan of walking, but the bikes were lots of fun!
Westin was being a bit of a bum but once the instructions were given and we got to touch, feed, and snorkel with the stingrays he forgot about the vest and goggles and became pleasant.
Mia isnt helping improve his mood

Trip video in case you are interested:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210213-130543_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210213-130543_YouTube.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!