UPDATED INFO ON HOTEL EXPRESS PASS......questions welcome....

Separate ep has been in effect a couple of years

Machines have been there in the hotels a long time

Are the machines new? We were at RPR in October and I don't remember them, I'm sure we just used our room keys.

If you mean for Express Passes, not the machines are not new. They are in the lobby, in the room next to the check-in counter. It takes your picture, you accept the picture, then it prints out the Express Pass. Your room key is plastic, and has a Universal themes picture on it, like a gift card. HTH!

Gah! I didn't see mac had already answered you...didn't notice the page 2 :o

Total newbie here. Just starting research for a trip in May. We are DVC members but want to spend two park days at Universal. I was going to add a night or two at Universal hotel for express pass. Since HP is not on the express, can you point me where to read and figure out strategy?

Total newbie here. Just starting research for a trip in May. We are DVC members but want to spend two park days at Universal. I was going to add a night or two at Universal hotel for express pass. Since HP is not on the express, can you point me where to read and figure out strategy?

Have a read of the website www.universalorlando.com

It's as good as a starting point as any. Full of info on everything Universal.....all the info on what is in the parks, where the rides are, first aid and anything you can think of.

Hotel and Citywalk info in there too.

Read the stickies on these forums too. Lots of info and experiences there. The good thing about Universal is a strategy is not essential. So much easier to navigate.

Fwiw, Dragon Challenge and Hippogriff are included with express pass.

Do the other HP things during early entry and you're golden.

Hi
A question we will be arriving Sunday staying onsite at the RPR, express has changed since we were last there when you just showed your room key I just wanted to verify that each person will now have three items they need to carry, their express ticket, their room key and their park passes is that correct.

Just got back from a great 2 night stay at RP. Everything was great except for those D@#$ Rickshaws. Don't know how they haven't injured anyone yet. Ring there bell and your to scatter. Anyway we bought AP's and plan to return for HHN in October. My question is, and maybe it's been discussed before, with the opening of Sapphire Falls do you think that Universal has plans to restrict EP's to just HR and PB? Just received a mailer and HR and PB are classified as Premier Hotels, while RP is listed with SF as a preferred Hotel, with CB as a Prime Value Hotel.

Just got back from a great 2 night stay at RP. Everything was great except for those D@#$ Rickshaws. Don't know how they haven't injured anyone yet. Ring there bell and your to scatter. Anyway we bought AP's and plan to return for HHN in October. My question is, and maybe it's been discussed before, with the opening of Sapphire Falls do you think that Universal has plans to restrict EP's to just HR and PB? Just received a mailer and HR and PB are classified as Premier Hotels, while RP is listed with SF as a preferred Hotel, with CB as a Prime Value Hotel.

RPR was reclassified last year.......it wont be losing EP.

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere (I think maybe its super obvious to everyone else lol). Do you automatically get early admission to the park staying in the hotels that you get the EP for? Or is that separate? We want to get the EP and get in early to go to Harry Potter. Just didn't know what the best way to go about doing both. Thanks!

All 5 of the onsite hotels allows early entry
the potter sections are opened during that time

SF not open yet but will have EE when it does

Rpr , hrh , and pbh has the free ep for registered guests

This thread has been incredibly helpful in clearing up some EP confusion for me. Thank you!
We'll be staying at RPR for one night in early August. We have two day park-to-park tickets. I know that everyone keeps saying that Universal is more relaxed and that we won't need a touring plan per se, but it is SO hard to get out of that mindset. The last time we were at Universal, we received free passes to IOA as it had JUST opened. We were the guinea pigs I guess. As two adults we actually rode Pteranodon Flyers together! :eek:
As far as EP goes, do you think Skull Island:Reign of Kong will be excluded like HP and the Forbidden Journey?

Looking to book for September at RPR or the new Sapphire. My deciding factor is the EP. Does any one know if Skull Island or Hulk will be included on the EP ?

Last edited:
Not exactly an EP question, but an RPR/ticket question, I've read they have will call counters at RPR, how do those work? We will be arriving very late Sunday around 11pm, and I was kind of hopping we could get our ticket that evening to be able to do EE the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter