*Updated, Post 25* When is BWV slated for renovation?

We stayed at BWV and BLT in October. Both rooms were immaculate. I do agree, though, that there had been a time (maybe 10 or 11 years ago) when housekeeping at BWV was gross. The fridge was disgusting....it looked like the housekeeper had used a rag from the bathrrom to wipe out the fridge....curley hairs DO NOT belong in the fridge. I actually went down to the front desk and had a manager come to the room with us. the room was recleaned...but now that is always the first thing I check when we get into a room. Keep in mind, too, that alot of the wear and tear is from gross people and those that don't care about ruining pots and pans, putting stuff on tables without protection, don't turn on the bathroom fan during showers, spill stuff on the carpet and don't care.

We've moved into rooms that were missing all kinds of kitchen supplies (skillets, potholders, etc.), a missing iron, hair dryer, etc. We always check these things too right away and replacements are brought immediately. We have been told that people just take things home with them.

BWV did an inside renovation recently (glass topped stove, carpets, couch, etc.). I have no complaints and stay there usually twice a year. But again, alot depends on the housekeeper and their supervisor (who I thought was supposed to do a quick check of the rooms) and what they find and what they report. Sounds like the OP's room has been ignored by someone for way too long. I personally think this the exception rather than the rule.....the people that post on the disboards are only a small portion of owners.

I have never regretted purchasing my BWV points; I am so sorry you had such a bad experience that you feel the need to sell. I don't think you will have too much of a problem selling....BWV contracts have been pretty sparse on resale, although I have noticed a few more out there recently.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

We were in a standard view BWV studio room last week and they were renovating the heck out of some of the rooms around us. (Directly below us and also some of the rooms on the same floor). There was a lot of hammering noise during the daytime hours. I don't know what they were doing because I couldn't peek inside. It sounded like more than a soft goods refresh.

As a result, we will likely sell the BWV contract. It's a bummer for sure, but we just don't want to stay there again unless they renovate. Anyways, that is my update...for us DVC was great while it lasted, but we are moving onto resorts that aren't a total crap-shoot when we check in.

Not sure why you would sell. Just book elsewhere under same contract. We rarely book at 11 months and many times book under 7 months for various resorts. We are flexible where we stay. Just seems like selling is a lose-lose financially. Not to mention I would just demand satisfaction on my next visit upon check-in. Do as you wish. :confused3

Not sure why you would sell. Just book elsewhere under same contract. We rarely book at 11 months and many times book under 7 months for various resorts. We are flexible where we stay. Just seems like selling is a lose-lose financially. Not to mention I would just demand satisfaction on my next visit upon check-in. Do as you wish. :confused3

We only own the points to book Thanksgiving weekend at the 11 month window, thus why the home resort matters. Anything else I am interested in DVC-wise is an easy trade on RCI that I wouldn't waste $$$ DVC points on. That is why we'd sell...home resort matters at the 11 month window, and we have these points exclusively for that one specific weekend right at the 11 month window. We like the location of BWV, especially at Thanksgiving...so nice to be able to walk to Epcot. The only other option that would meet this criteria is BCV, and absent other issues, it is a lot more points as we generally get BWV standard view. We may still look at the 7 month window this coming year for Thanksgiving or we may just sell the points. We were going to give it a year, but not so sure since we talked to DVC and found out that no renovation is likely forthcoming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter