upgrade a gold pass to platinum pass as part of DVC AP promo

Okay hubby and I have FL GPs that expire Oct 1st. So we are in the renew window. I want to renew/upgrade to DVC Plat Plus. Do I call DVC? Ticketing? Or just wait and do it at GS in person?
I'd probably wait to do the complete transaction in person (you have to show ID and DVC card in person to activate either way)...unless you need the active voucher in MDE to advance make FP+ in October.

So here's what I am thinking....

My AP expires 11/6 so I am in the upgrade window. When I am at Disney this weekend I am going to renew by Gold AP to get the 13 month expiration. When I go back in November I plan to see if I can upgrade to the Platinum Plus without giving up the current 13 month expiration (if not I can skip water parks!)

Do you think it will work?

So here's what I am thinking....

My AP expires 11/6 so I am in the upgrade window. When I am at Disney this weekend I am going to renew by Gold AP to get the 13 month expiration. When I go back in November I plan to see if I can upgrade to the Platinum Plus without giving up the current 13 month expiration (if not I can skip water parks!)

Do you think it will work?

Yes, I think that would work. You'd just have to verify the dates and that it didn't revert to 12 for some reason.

But why not just renew up to the Platinum Plus for 13 months now and skip going back to to GS in Nov?

Does anyone know the price with tax to renew the special DVC Platinum and Platinum plus passes ???
The only difference between the two are the water parks correct ??
Thanks

Does anyone know the price with tax to renew the special DVC Platinum and Platinum plus passes ???
upload_2017-9-25_9-19-12.png

Renewal rates including 6.5% FL sales tax:
Gold: $505.88
Platinum: $614.51
Platinum Plus: $695.45

FYI: Until 1/3/2018 you can purchase (or renew) at the Platinum Plus level for the price of the Gold Pass.

Platinum Plus also includes access to 2 water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports and Oak Trail Golf Course (green fees only).

Is there a discounted pass for $559 ?? Is that for only new tickets or is there a renewal price as well ???

I was able to upgrade my gold in August for almost nothing and my daughters silver passes but they charged me different amounts even though they each had the same silver pass.
My husband is now within his renewal period so I was hoping to figure out what they should charge me for the special DVC annual pass. When I upgraded my daughters at different times and realized that they charged different amounts I realized I need to know before I go so to speak :-)

I also want to use a two day hopper ticket I got from the last free dining offer ... How do I calculate what that is worth (it was part of a package so each thing was not listed individually)

Thanks

Michael posted the pass prices above and also noted that there isn't any difference between the Platinum plus special that you can get for the price of a Gold pass if your DVC vs any other Platinum Plus pass - both include the water parks, Oak Trail and the mini golf courses (before 4pm) and access to WWOS.

When you upgrade a current pass to this special you get credit for what you paid for the pass and there was a little price increase that cuts across the time which is why you might see a slight difference. So you need to know the timing to be able to know what credit you would get. Same thing with the package ticket since they added the expirations to the tickets. If the tickets are from before The Feb change then you get credit for the gate price of that time. If it was after then you get credit for current gate price.

FYI - you may want to do the renewal for your husbands pass before Oct 1st as it gets 13 months. After that date the renewals are 12 months.

We had 13 for 12 gold passes that we bought last fall that hadn't been activated. When we were there last week, we upgraded them to Platinum Plus and kept the 13 months -- didn't cost us anything. Took about five minutes. Well worth it for us.

I really wanted to renew our Gold APs before October 1st, but they don't expire until the end of December. So I guess when we go in a few weeks, we'll look into upgrading. It sounds like we can still do the upgrade for $475+tax and they will be free upgrades to Platinum Plus if we are doing it before the end of this year?

Actually I guess we really even can't renew then because our current passes expire December 22nd, so we can't renew until November? And they will be 12 months from the December expiration and not the original November issue date?

Sorry...a bit confused...we bought these last November and got the 13 month passes at that time.

I really wanted to renew our Gold APs before October 1st, but they don't expire until the end of December. So I guess when we go in a few weeks, we'll look into upgrading. It sounds like we can still do the upgrade for $475+tax and they will be free upgrades to Platinum Plus if we are doing it before the end of this year?

Actually I guess we really even can't renew then because our current passes expire December 22nd, so we can't renew until November? And they will be 12 months from the December expiration and not the original November issue date?

Sorry...a bit confused...we bought these last November and got the 13 month passes at that time.
In theory, you can only get the 13 month promo once. Some folks may have found a loophole by renewing early.

You should be able to renew 60 days before expiration.

In theory, you can only get the 13 month promo once. Some folks may have found a loophole by renewing early.

You should be able to renew 60 days before expiration.

Great...sounds like we MIGHT be able to renew them on the final day of our upcoming trip. We'll see if we remember to do that!

Yep and THAT is the day we will leave...but we have an afternoon flight and might do a quick park that morning.

You can always upgrade upon renewing and will be able to do that and get the special Platinum plus renewal price up until the end of the year by calling in. It isn't something you have to try and squeeze in before going to the airport.

Could an adult perform an in-person upgrade of gold pass to PAP for a minor child without the child being present?

Could an adult perform an in-person upgrade of gold pass to PAP for a minor child without the child being present?
Our boys sat outside of Guest Relations during our PAP upgrade transaction..but I think the CM saw them as they went outside. Mostly, they just needed the boy’s Magic Bands to upgrade their tickets.

We also bought DVC gold annuals earlier this year, 13 month, don't remember which month. We were able to upgrade at Disney Springs guest service to Platinum plus on Oct 1, and they are still good for 13 months. We did that so we wouldn't have to pay for parking at a theme park guest services, then parked and went in to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!