"Upgrade" thread on resorts board!

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Someone on the resorts board booked at AKL and they want to move her to a studio at SSR. Everyone is piling on about how that is such a downgrade and she should go to YC or ask for a 1BR instead, although one person did speak up and say it is a beautiful resort--just not convenient. It made me feel bad!
Oh well, if fewer people enjoy SSR, more room for us, right?
Robin M.
PS--I'm "link-impaired" and don't know how to post a link, sorry!

ITA! I'm tired of defending my Home and am almost to the point of hoping that people won't give it a chance so I can have it all to myself :laughing:

DH & I have said many times that SSR is a complete resort that can stand on it's own. We would stay there even without Disney. The parks are just an added bonus :goodvibes

Someone on the resorts board booked at AKL and they want to move her to a studio at SSR. Everyone is piling on about how that is such a downgrade and she should go to YC or ask for a 1BR instead, although one person did speak up and say it is a beautiful resort--just not convenient. It made me feel bad!
Oh well, if fewer people enjoy SSR, more room for us, right?
Robin M.
PS--I'm "link-impaired" and don't know how to post a link, sorry!

Sorry, but you are going from a deluxe resort to a DVC studio. Yeah it's probably a downgrade. You are giving up the "deluxe" services like room service and if that's important to you. Heck the only deluxe I would consider PAYING for is AKL and if they took my Savannah view it would not be to SSR. There would be an "upgrade" feature. Once again we have proof that Disney really doesn't know what the word "deluxe" means when it comes to hotel management. But if your new resort has less "service" then your old one then it's not an upgrade So the loss of room service alone means "downgrade" LOL!

Now I enjoy SSR and will be there the end of the month, but it's not a deluxe resort and there are no zebras to look at so I would NOT be happy with Disney if they suggested this LOL!

I'm one who responded that while SSR is a lovely resort, a change to a SSR studio would not be an upgrade from an AKL savannah view room. She was told it was an upgrade. I love SSR, but if I was expecting a savannah view with animals and got a room with one queen bed and one sleeper sofa instead of two queen beds, it would not be equal. An upgrade would have been a one bedroom at SSR.

last time i stayed at SSR i saw a squirrel, and some cool birds.

still though, not an upgrade.

lol

We are BWV owners who enjoyed our stay very much at SSR last March, and are going back to SSR again in August. Having said that, I would not consider a move from AKL to a studio at SSR an upgrade. Instead of two queen beds, you get a queen and a double pull-out sofa bed. Instead of two full service restaurants and Mara, you get one restaurant and Artist Palette. At SSR, there is no place to get a table service breakfast and no option of in-room dining. That doesn't mean that SSR is not a wonderful resort, but I don't see how it could be considered an upgrade.

Though SSR is fine, I too do not view going from AKL savanna view to SSR studio as an upgrade or even a switch that the person should consider. Somebody who rented a room to see animals and be in a full service hotel with restaurants and a store right in the hotel and the main pool right outside the door, is not likely to view the totally different type of accomodations at SSR as an upgrade and is more likely to view the switch as undesirable. An upgrade for a hotel guest like that would be to give them a room at the Poly or GF.

I agree that although SSR is a beautiful resort. I would not consider going from AKL Savannah view to SSR an upgrade. I don't understand why they even gave this option. Those are two different resorts with two different experiences. I would be very, very disappointed if I was booked for AKL with a Savannah view then be switched to SSR. I think SSR is a deluxe type resort, but definitely not the same as AKL. JMO:)

I would have to turn their 'upgrade' down. As beautiful as SSR is it isn't an upgrade from AKL, it's more of a downgrade in my opinion.

Now I enjoy SSR and will be there the end of the month, but it's not a deluxe resort and there are no zebras to look at so I would NOT be happy with Disney if they suggested this LOL!
:lmao:

Well put!

If I were the person in question, I would point out to Disney that they charge more for the AK Savanna view than for the SSR studio. So how is that an upgrade?

BTW stayed at SSR 2x and thought it was lovely.

Tammy

I read that post and that's the first thing I thought as well - AKL to SSR sounds like a lateral move to me, not an upgrade. And I love SSR - it's my home resort -- and don't even like AKL much, but I still think it's not an "upgrade" based on the information in that other thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter