Upgraded to GOLD!

themepark

Wanted: Your trip reports!<br><font color=00cc22>I
I just received my Loews Gold card in the mail!! Ok it came yesterday but I forgot to check the mail until today. This is a pleasant surprise. We have stayed at RPR two times, once using a ENT rate and once using APH rate. I have read here that stays booked with those rates do not qualify, but it appears they did in my case! I am pumped! I have a reservation for May and will be calling to check on an upgrade! Yipppeee!

Question: What exactly does "Guaranteed reservations with 48 hours notice" mean? For instance, I am looking at dates that show no availability. Does this mean I could book a room even though they are showing no availability? Is that a dumb question? :p

Yes. We have booked rooms when they show no ressies, but they do have a few black out dates when they can not do this.

We also received an upgrade in our Loews first membership. When we stayed at the Portofino in Jan. we were told that we were not eligible for the perks of our Loews card because of the rate we booked our room at. I've booked rooms before for far better rates and still received my perks. So now I'm thinking "no big deal" in getting an upgrade from Loews because I don't expect to get the benefits anyway!!

Oh well. I gave it a shot but only one night was available at RPR. I wanted to stay 2 or 3 nights between Thursday and Saturday nights of this week by the way. I wasn't too hopeful since the weekend dates have been sold out for awhile. I got excited after receiving my Loews Gold card, hoping to cash in on a new benefit. :(

We have received the welcome gift and newspapers on both our previous visits using the supposed non-qualifying rates. It seems to depend on who checks you in. I guess we've been lucky.

I was just wondering this question goes to the person who was just recently upgraded. Where your stays in the same calender year.

I had two stays last year one for three days in may and one day in november. Is this enough for an upgrade to gold.

We stayed 4 nights in August 2003 and 2 nights in January 2004. The info at www.loews-first.com/loewsfirst.asp states "Members with 3 qualified^ stays or 6 nights will be automatically upgraded to LoewsFirst Gold."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter