Upgrading Annual Pass...

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I need (my first UO) annual pass for 3 days this October. I am also going to UO in April 2018 for 3 days. I am thinking of getting the basic Seasonal Pass. The blackout dates listed for 2017 don't say anything about April being blocked out…
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 7.42.24 AM.png

If, for some reason, they decide to block-out April (the week following Easter 4/5-4/7), would I then be able to upgrade my pass at the park and use it? I would like to get the least expensive option, obviously.

I think they may not mention April because it already happened. April was mostly blocked out in 2017.

This was taken at customer service in the park on April 20, 2017:
2017-08-21_103056.jpg

Oh, and yes. If you upgrade to the seasonal pass now, and you get to the park when you're blocked out, you can always pay the difference and upgrade at customer service.

I think they may not mention April because it already happened. April was mostly blocked out in 2017.

Jeez, wouldn't you think that since you'd be purchasing an annual pass now that includes April 2018 they would show that on their website? I almost think it's misleading NOT to.

This was taken at customer service in the park on April 20, 2017:

Thank you for that photo.

Oh, and yes. If you upgrade to the seasonal pass now, and you get to the park when you're blocked out, you can always pay the difference and upgrade at customer service.

I guess I'll just do this and at least save some money for now.

Thanks for your reply!!:-)

The lowest level AP has always been blocked out during spring break. I agree that it is misleading to have left that off and just show summer. You can always give the AP line a call or send an email to Guest Services.

I was told the whole of June would be next year so I'm guessing April may be too ... This info came from guest services a couple of weeks ago

How can you find out when concerts are playing at USF? (Per blockout rule)

Last edited:

How can you find out when concerts are playing at USF? (Per blockout rule)
The only concerts they have now are during Mardi Gras and several during Christmas season. The Mardi Gras acts and dates aren't released until right before the event. Frustrating? Yes but it's usually worth the wait. For the Christmas season concerts (Mannheim Steamroller) those will be released as soon as HHN is over...so early November.

The only concerts they have now are during Mardi Gras and several during Christmas season. The Mardi Gras acts and dates aren't released until right before the event. Frustrating? Yes but it's usually worth the wait. For the Christmas season concerts (Mannheim Steamroller) those will be released as soon as HHN is over...so early November.

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out if I can use the seasonal pass. We will be in the parks 12/16 - 12/20, which don't appear to be blocked, but if they add concerts then will be blocked out of USF. Hard to gauge.

Curious...the Power Annual Pass lists the April and December Blockout Dates (which are all of them).

Why would they not list the April dates on the Seasonal? If it were because those dates had passed, then the April dates on the Power and the July dates on the Seasonal should also not be listed. I know they dropped the August dates and removed them earlier, but this is just poor website management.

The old site listed things, like this, a lot clearer and straight forward.

They should, at least, put on the site that Seasonal Passes are restricted during Spring Break, July, August and Christmas...check the yearly calendar for detailed dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter