Upgrading ticket used during blackout to DVC Gold

ACJT

DIS Veteran
Can I upgrade a 7 day Myw ticket used during a blackout date to a DVC Gold AP later in our trip once blackout dates have passed ? Or will I be forced to go to a platinum pass?

I know you used to be able to do things like this. And it was exactly as you described, you need to wait until the last day of your pass (or the last day of the blackout dates) because once you upgrade, all the restrictions of the Gold Pass would kick in. I'm not sure if things have changed though.

I did this upgrade Jan 3 of 2019. I waited until our last day of our trip when we were not going to go back in the park. If you upgrade during the blackout you will be restricted from entry.

I did this upgrade Jan 3 of 2019. I waited until our last day of our trip when we were not going to go back in the park. If you upgrade during the blackout you will be restricted from entry.
Thanks for reply. Hopefully they’ll still do this in the new year. I’m planning to do pretty much exactly what you did.

Any recent experiences on this? Going to be doing this in April - using tickets during blackout and upgrading to dvc gold after blackout ends.

Any recent experiences on this? Going to be doing this in April - using tickets during blackout and upgrading to dvc gold after blackout ends.

we upgraded our 10 day tickets to a DVC gold ap after using the first 8 days of them during the Christmas blackout period. We had no issues other than I “lost” the Canadian discount I had gotten on the original 10 day ticket purchase.

Did this last Easter. No issues. My issue now is upgrading from Gold to Platinum for this Easter. Can only do in person, which means I can’t make FPS until I’m on property. If you’re going during a blackout period now and may go during another blackout before the pass expires, just save yourself the trouble and get a Platinum pass to begin with

We did this over this last Christmas. 6 day ticket used on the 25th/26th. Upgraded without issue at Disney Springs. Even got the renewal price on that DVC AP from a well expired (Oct) Plat AP.

we upgraded our 10 day tickets to a DVC gold ap after using the first 8 days of them during the Christmas blackout period. We had no issues other than I “lost” the Canadian discount I had gotten on the original 10 day ticket

What do you mean by lost the discount? I have discounted tickets we are using and then will upgrade to the dvc gold. Was expecting to pay the difference between Disney price and dvc gold pass (ie.. maintaining the $50 discount on the purchased tickets). Are they no longer bridging tickets? Will I have to pay difference between what I paid and annual pass?

They no longer bridge tickets. You have to pay true difference between actual price paid and the pass price
If you buy a discounted ticket from an authorized reseller such as Undercover Tourist and want to upgrade it, the ticket you have should be valued at Disney’s online price for that ticket when you bought it. If the CM doing the upgrade only wants to give you the price that UT paid (they can see that but can’t see how much you paid UT), ask for a supervisor because that’s wrong. (However, don’t use the term “bridging” - that’s not Disney terminology and might confuse a newer or less well trained CM.)

If you bought the ticket from Disney, then the upgrade value is what you paid for it.

See the DIS Ticket sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-how-to-upgrade-cost.3570721/.

If you buy a discounted ticket from an authorized reseller such as Undercover Tourist and want to upgrade it, the ticket you have should be valued at Disney’s online price for that ticket when you bought it. If the CM doing the upgrade only wants to give you the price that UT paid (they can see that but can’t see how much you paid UT), ask for a supervisor because that’s wrong. (However, don’t use the term “bridging” - that’s not Disney terminology and might confuse a newer or less well trained CM.)

If you bought the ticket from Disney, then the upgrade value is what you paid for it.

See the DIS Ticket sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-how-to-upgrade-cost.3570721/.

I believe she was asking about the Canadian resident ticket. Those are discounted 20% and Disney will not bridge.

I believe she was asking about the Canadian resident ticket. Those are discounted 20% and Disney will not bridge.
Oh, sorry. I’ve been following this thread but forgot that was the specific ticket being discussed. So I misunderstood and thought you were saying that no tickets could be bridged, and I didn’t want others to think that was the case.

Did this last Easter. No issues. My issue now is upgrading from Gold to Platinum for this Easter. Can only do in person, which means I can’t make FPS until I’m on property. If you’re going during a blackout period now and may go during another blackout before the pass expires, just save yourself the trouble and get a Platinum pass to begin with

You don’t have to do this in person. Last month I upgraded my gold passes to platinum over the phone for my Easter trip.

Oh, sorry. I’ve been following this thread but forgot that was the specific ticket being discussed. So I misunderstood and thought you were saying that no tickets could be bridged, and I didn’t want others to think that was the case.
Good news for me is I was asking about us ticket bridging but the initial thread was Canadian. So I expect to keep my savings (Bought from ticket broker). Thanks to all who responded! I can report back after April.

You don’t have to do this in person. Last month I upgraded my gold passes to platinum over the phone for my Easter trip.

I called the pass holder line multiple times and DVC member service and both told me I had to do it in person. I also escalated the call when my only option was to buy a new platinum pass and figure it out on site, and they sent me back an email from their escalation team saying what I was requesting could be done on site only.

Good news for me is I was asking about us ticket bridging but the initial thread was Canadian. So I expect to keep my savings (Bought from ticket broker). Thanks to all who responded! I can report back after April.

Did you buy before the increased the prices? If so, they will give you credit of the price it was pre-increase

I called the pass holder line multiple times and DVC member service and both told me I had to do it in person. I also escalated the call when my only option was to buy a new platinum pass and figure it out on site, and they sent me back an email from their escalation team saying what I was requesting could be done on site only.

I’m sorry to hear that. The Pass holder cast member I originally spoke with didn’t know about the change and told me I had to do it in person. When she transferred me to ticketing the cast member at ticketing apologized for the previous cast member’s misinformation and was able to upgrade my passes over the phone.

They no longer bridge tickets. You have to pay true difference between actual price paid and the pass price
Not correct, they did it for me at Xmas in Disney Springs. Gave me more for my UK tickets than they cost. You just need the correct person. My first question to him was, I need to get the best price, I heard you do this by bridging. He said he knew fully how to do it and from memory I got $50+ more per ticket. They still bridge at least on UK Disney bought tickets.

Not correct, they did it for me at Xmas in Disney Springs. Gave me more for my UK tickets than they cost. You just need the correct person. My first question to him was, I need to get the best price, I heard you do this by bridging. He said he knew fully how to do it and from memory I got $50+ more per ticket. They still bridge at least on UK Disney bought tickets.

They bridged for me as well in October. He said they do it automatically now and don’t make people use it first. i paid less than I thought I would so I was happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts