Upgrading UK Ultimate Ticket to Annual Pass

Lottie

Earning My Ears
We are considering an extra trip to WDW next April/May and may use the Free Disney Dining Package so will have to buy tickets as part of that package.

We were intending going in October too, my questions are:-

1. Have you been able to easily upgrade your UK Ultimate 14 day ticket to an annual pass? If so, at which Guest Services and for how many $$$$?

2. What happens if you have already used My Disney Experience and the UltimateTicket to book fast-passes? Do you lose them?

Any help would really be appreciated !

Hi, we upgraded ultimate tickets to annual passes 2 years ago. We did it at Epcot guest relations inside the park, I can't remember how much it was though sorry.

And no we didn't lose our pre booked fast passes, they just remained on the mde account and we used them as normal.

We did it about 4 years ago. A bit of a nightmare, every Guest services gave a different price or said it wasn't possible.
Ended up at the cheapest which was Hollywood Studios but even then on the 2nd visit the price was higher than the 1st quote.
Sorry can't remember price (it will be in my old threads but will take forever to find)
We did it at the end of the trip, got a little bonus as they stated the AP's on the day we exchanged rather than at the beginning of the 21 day tickets so we got 1 year 3 weeks.

I did mine at Downtown Disney guest services (as it was back then), I think I had to pay an extra $2-300 or something.

I'd asked his about a month ago but for little response-literally just asked on a ticket thread on the theme park attraction forum above and was advised that the price of the UK 14 day ultimate ticket will ultimately be converted into dollars and the difference is the price you pay.

So for example the current UK 14 day ticket is £324 per adult. With a 1.3 conversion rate this equals $421. a dvc annual pass (just for comparison) is currently $587 (inc tax) which means an upgrade from the 14 day ticket to this AP is $166 per ticket (roughly) obviously a platinum or non DVC AP would be more expensive and therefore the difference would be higher (just used the DVC one as a comparison as this is what we would upgrade to if we did!)

We upgraded at Disney springs (downtown disney) 3 years ago and paid about $115 per ticket. We upgraded our tickets last year in MK guest relations inside the park and paid approx $150 per ticket (from memory!) But I'll be honest-we really didn't do the research as we should and may have paid more than we should have done.... If we had asked around we may have paid less?!? I also think it depends on the exchange rate and how they calculate it!

Anyone else may correct me if I'm wrong!! That's how I understand it!!

Oh and just to note- the ultimate UK ticket is with water park fun and more... If you use one of these entitlements then the ticket can only be upgraded like for like-which means the premium (or platinum) AP and not any of the others. If you do not want this AP-do not use the additional things!! We made the mistake the first time going to a waterpark and at the end of our trip trying to upgrade to the basic AP (as was) luckily we had a good helpful cast member who after a bit of pleading by me - gave us the upgrade we wanted despite using a water park entitlement!! We were not aware before this could not happen and we were told by a cast member earlieron in the holiday to use the water park function whilst we had it on the ticket!

Bumping this thread as we are heading to WDW this summer. We have Ultimate 14 Tickets that we bought with the “buy 14 days, pay 7” promotion.

If we decide to price gap to an AP, do anyone here knows how much our U.K. tickets are worth?

TIA!

Hi there
We did end up upgrading our 14 day ultimate tickets to AP's (gold DVC) ones this Feb!
As stated before-go with a price which you are comfortable with an upgrade and when you are quoted this or near it, go for that deal. We had to go to 4 different guest relations before we were offered a price we were happy with! The first two offered us an exchange which would have cost us more than just buying the AP outright to start with!

There is no hard and fast rule which says 'you paid x therefor your ticket is worth y' as it depends on the cast member and how they look on the system - whether they bridge the ticket and if they apply a good conversion rate $ to £. I did ask but I was told they couldn't actually tell me what exchange rate was applied (e.g I bought the tickets when the conversion rate was 1.3ish in Jan and the conversion rate on Feb was down to 1.21) the only thing I was told was that it would be less than tourist exchange ('as they are a buisness'!)

It is totally dependant on the day/cast member/ etc....

Good luck! We did it and soooo glad we did with our upcoming trip again as it worked out well for us- there is just no guarentee!

Hi there
We did end up upgrading our 14 day ultimate tickets to AP's (gold DVC) ones this Feb!
As stated before-go with a price which you are comfortable with an upgrade and when you are quoted this or near it, go for that deal. We had to go to 4 different guest relations before we were offered a price we were happy with! The first two offered us an exchange which would have cost us more than just buying the AP outright to start with!

There is no hard and fast rule which says 'you paid x therefor your ticket is worth y' as it depends on the cast member and how they look on the system - whether they bridge the ticket and if they apply a good conversion rate $ to £. I did ask but I was told they couldn't actually tell me what exchange rate was applied (e.g I bought the tickets when the conversion rate was 1.3ish in Jan and the conversion rate on Feb was down to 1.21) the only thing I was told was that it would be less than tourist exchange ('as they are a buisness'!)

It is totally dependant on the day/cast member/ etc....

Good luck! We did it and soooo glad we did with our upcoming trip again as it worked out well for us- there is just no guarentee!

Just wondering if you can remember how much you paid and if you wouldn't mind sharing this with the rest of us. We head out on Thursday and will upgrade while we are there.

Mrs TT

I *think* I paid about $180 all in for two adults and a child upgrade from the 14 day ultimate (which we bought at the 25% off in jan for £279 an adult ticket!)

Previous cast members were quoting about $259 per adult ticket for the upgrade so we obviously walked away from!!

Based on that assumption we would have paid MORE for the annual pass than if we had bought one to start with! Despite me saying all this to a cast member they didn't budge! One lucky encounter with a brilliant guest relations person equals a price bridged ticket with upgrade which didn't cost the earth!!

I was obviously more than happy for the upgrade price I didn't have to think twice lol!! Basically means we saved about $200 or so per annual pass!

I get that it is completely the luck of the draw and the cast member! I didn't ask how he derived the price we paid as I didn't want him to change his mind lol!!
Hope that helps!

P.s we did not use any additional entitlements to the ultimate ticket before upgrade - meaning we could go on straight for the gold pass and not have to go for platinum!

I *think* I paid about $180 all in for two adults and a child upgrade from the 14 day ultimate (which we bought at the 25% off in jan for £279 an adult ticket!)

Previous cast members were quoting about $259 per adult ticket for the upgrade so we obviously walked away from!!

Based on that assumption we would have paid MORE for the annual pass than if we had bought one to start with! Despite me saying all this to a cast member they didn't budge! One lucky encounter with a brilliant guest relations person equals a price bridged ticket with upgrade which didn't cost the earth!!

I was obviously more than happy for the upgrade price I didn't have to think twice lol!! Basically means we saved about $200 or so per annual pass!

I get that it is completely the luck of the draw and the cast member! I didn't ask how he derived the price we paid as I didn't want him to change his mind lol!!
Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for that feedback! Did you hop from Guest Services to Guest Services on the same day, or did you try getting your upgrade each time you entered a new park?

We would have been happy paying $200 for an AP, $259 ai for 2 adults + 1 child is a bargain! Do you remember where you've been quoted this incredible price?

Yeah we tried a number of locations - when we were passing/convenient times- e.g when we entered MK and had 20 mins before first FP or when having an evening in the springs!

We had mentioned between us (we were only in the world for a week!) that if that was the price we would pay it then we asked in Epcot and was quoted he magical price :)

Quoted $363 at AK on Saturday and $247 at HS yesterday to convert a 21 day Ultimate to AP. Paid £350 originally and if you convert that you $s and then take that from the cost of a Platinum AP then the balance is $375. Always worth getting different quotes

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter